The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I guess they all just cover slightly different syllabuses and have different coursework requirements, so the schools/teachers just choose whichever exam board's syllabus suits them best. I think that's it anyway =]
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. All boards cover similar things, although there are some differences, thigs appear one one board but not another etc. But they're all pretty similar, with content and difficulty, but the coursework requirements are different for different boards.
Reply 3
i think it can be a problem with different exam boards...i think it is french not sure though, but its so much harder in one exam board than an other...i think imm doin the easy one :confused:
It would make a lot more sense to just have one exam board, but since when did this government ever do anything that made sense? I guess it's good in a way though because it gives teachers some flexibility.
A lot of boards have different specifications anyway, so if there was just 1 board with a few specification choices that would be good - but nothing is ever simple in this education system (which is actually good but it could be better)

Latest