The Student Room Group

Stuck on deciding what to do after my apprenticeship

Hi all, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong sub-forum.

I'm currently deciding on what I should do after my apprenticeship finishes, here is my current situation:

I'm currently 17 (18 in <2 months)
I do my apprenticeship in London doing CompTiA A+ with Just IT
I'm 6 months into my one year apprenticeship.
I am unavailable from October to December due to health reasons
I have decided to do an apprenticeship as Sixth form has caused me to have many different health problems which led me to doing nasty things as drugs to keep myself from doing the worst (I'm over that now luckily) I have failed it due to some other personal problems too.
My personal interests (education wise) are Networking (Working with switches, deployment, etc, computing(I can program in multiple languages) and media (Production, post-editing, I can work in vegas, premiere etc. )

I'm currently thinking what options I have after I finish this apprenticeship, I really would love to some go to uni, even as a part time student. I know this is currently not an option but I'm wondering if there is anyway I could do a part time course of some sorts. Now I really mean part time as I currently need to have some sort of income to pay for the house and bills (I live with my parents but as I'm working, I need to pay them)

tl;dr

I want to know what options I have after finishing this apprenticeship and preferably somethings part time as I need an income to pay for rent and bills.

Thanks!
Original post by michael_t
Hi all, sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong sub-forum.

I'm currently deciding on what I should do after my apprenticeship finishes, here is my current situation:

I'm currently 17 (18 in <2 months)
I do my apprenticeship in London doing CompTiA A+ with Just IT
I'm 6 months into my one year apprenticeship.
I am unavailable from October to December due to health reasons
I have decided to do an apprenticeship as Sixth form has caused me to have many different health problems which led me to doing nasty things as drugs to keep myself from doing the worst (I'm over that now luckily) I have failed it due to some other personal problems too.
My personal interests (education wise) are Networking (Working with switches, deployment, etc, computing(I can program in multiple languages) and media (Production, post-editing, I can work in vegas, premiere etc. )

I'm currently thinking what options I have after I finish this apprenticeship, I really would love to some go to uni, even as a part time student. I know this is currently not an option but I'm wondering if there is anyway I could do a part time course of some sorts. Now I really mean part time as I currently need to have some sort of income to pay for the house and bills (I live with my parents but as I'm working, I need to pay them)

tl;dr

I want to know what options I have after finishing this apprenticeship and preferably somethings part time as I need an income to pay for rent and bills.

Thanks!

You could do a part time degree with open university :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending