The Student Room Group

Goldsmiths or Chelsea BA

I've applied to Goldsmiths for Fine Art and History of Art BA, and Chelsea for Fine Art BA.
Has anyone been on either of these courses and could tell me what they thought of the course??
Thanks!
Reply 1
hello, I am currently making the exact same decision as you. Which one did you choose in the end?
Reply 2
Hello! congrats for getting a place at both! I ended up choosing Goldsmiths as I liked how the course combined theory and practice... I find the history of art half of the course really influences my work. I think the main difference between the course's is the theory and whether or not you enjoy reading/writing essays! The modules for history of art are very interesting (particularly space and time 1st yr module) and the tutors all lovely and helpful. Im not sure what the fine art course at Chelsea is like but from what I've heard the art tutors are less critical than they are at Goldsmiths. But that shouldn't put you off Goldsmiths - I am a lot more confident speaking about my work because of it :smile: Good luck with deciding, hope this has helped! x

Quick Reply

Latest