Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im currently studying Computer Games Programming at UoD, to be honest i'm struggling and have been offered a full time job as a software developer.

Ive talked to many different people that i know and just wanted to get some more opinions on the matter.

The main thing is whether to continue with the course and get a degree or go straight into the job where they will teach me how to use the software and gain the experience.

Any replies are appreciated

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    It depends on how job opportunities will be once you complete your course compared to how jobs will be if you do them without completing your course. Also, tuition fees. Is your course worth paying such high tuition fees? (If they are high, and you may have a loan which may put your mind at ease). If you can see yourself enjoying your course after a while then I'd say stick with it. Are you enjoying uni life-new friends/lifestyle/do you live in a student house/halls and would you have the hassle of giving r=this up if you quit your course? How far into your course are you? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Old Me)
    It depends on how job opportunities will be once you complete your course compared to how jobs will be if you do them without completing your course. Also, tuition fees. Is your course worth paying such high tuition fees? (If they are high, and you may have a loan which may put your mind at ease). If you can see yourself enjoying your course after a while then I'd say stick with it. Are you enjoying uni life-new friends/lifestyle/do you live in a student house/halls and would you have the hassle of giving r=this up if you quit your course? How far into your course are you? x
    Ive been there for only 2 semesters since 1st September 2015. The tuition fee for my course is £9000. I decided to stay at home while doing the course because i live close enough to drive there everyday. The job is closer to my house than the Uni so the travelling wouldn't be much different. x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 25, 2016

University open days

1. University of Derby
    Kedleston Road, Derby, DE22 1GB Postgraduate
    Thu, 6 Sep '18
  2. University of Derby
    Kedleston Road, Derby, DE22 1GB Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  3. University of Derby
    Kedleston Road, Derby, DE22 1GB Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.