The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

Degree or Full-Time Job

Im currently studying Computer Games Programming at UoD, to be honest i'm struggling and have been offered a full time job as a software developer.

Ive talked to many different people that i know and just wanted to get some more opinions on the matter.

The main thing is whether to continue with the course and get a degree or go straight into the job where they will teach me how to use the software and gain the experience.

Any replies are appreciated :smile:

Thanks
It depends on how job opportunities will be once you complete your course compared to how jobs will be if you do them without completing your course. Also, tuition fees. Is your course worth paying such high tuition fees? (If they are high, and you may have a loan which may put your mind at ease). If you can see yourself enjoying your course after a while then I'd say stick with it. Are you enjoying uni life-new friends/lifestyle/do you live in a student house/halls and would you have the hassle of giving r=this up if you quit your course? How far into your course are you? x
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Little Old Me
It depends on how job opportunities will be once you complete your course compared to how jobs will be if you do them without completing your course. Also, tuition fees. Is your course worth paying such high tuition fees? (If they are high, and you may have a loan which may put your mind at ease). If you can see yourself enjoying your course after a while then I'd say stick with it. Are you enjoying uni life-new friends/lifestyle/do you live in a student house/halls and would you have the hassle of giving r=this up if you quit your course? How far into your course are you? x

Ive been there for only 2 semesters since 1st September 2015. The tuition fee for my course is £9000. I decided to stay at home while doing the course because i live close enough to drive there everyday. The job is closer to my house than the Uni so the travelling wouldn't be much different. x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending