The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by usualsuspects
Do you think HR check our Facebook profiles even for SWs?

Of course not, they dont have time for it. Btw Anyone knows when blackrock's deadline is? And do you do interview straight after application or are you screened at first? thanks
Original post by Merril Lynch
Of course not, they dont have time for it. Btw Anyone knows when blackrock's deadline is? And do you do interview straight after application or are you screened at first? thanks

What do you mean by doing interview straight after application? Like do you mean they interview every applicant? It is stated clearly on the website that interviews will only be conducted after the deadline passes but I doubt they would interview everyone due to the high volume of applications that would come in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3182
Original post by Loolipoop
What do you mean by doing interview straight after application? Like do you mean they interview every applicant? It is stated clearly on the website that interviews will only be conducted after the deadline passes but I doubt they would interview everyone due to the high volume of applications that would come in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is a virtual CL that you need to complete three days after applying, something like for Barclays
Do you think HR check our Facebook profiles even for SWs?

Lol HR doesn't have time for that man

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ndm11
There is a virtual CL that you need to complete three days after applying, something like for Barclays

Cheers mate
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually, the HR for one of the firm I was with said they do go on LinkedIn/Facebook if they can't decide between 2 candidates for example. Very odd but yeah..
Reply 3186
Original post by dopebanker

What was their "scenario based interview assessing your commercial awareness and logic" like? (a competency based one?)

Bump to this. If anyone could elaborate. Is this just market/deals talk?
I've heard that Lazard asks really technical questions about valuation models... can anyone confirm this?
Original post by j.monkey123
I've heard that Lazard asks really technical questions about valuation models... can anyone confirm this?

During the vid int? (First round)

Posted from TSR Mobile

They probably do it for SA at some point in the recruitment process, given that half of the older students at my uni are disguising their name on Facebook.

Anyways, that's better, just had a paranoia attack...
Original post by makrxx
Actually, the HR for one of the firm I was with said they do go on LinkedIn/Facebook if they can't decide between 2 candidates for example. Very odd but yeah..

It would be interesting to know what they look for when they do so.
Original post by reallydoe
During the vid int? (First round)

Nope not video interview, final interview in their offices.
How long did it take to get rejected from MS after the numerical test? Think I just failed it
They probably do it for SA at some point in the recruitment process, given that half of the older students at my uni are disguising their name on Facebook.

Anyways, that's better, just had a paranoia attack...

I think they're being overly paranoid. Summers get at least 2-5x the number of applications as SWs do, I highly doubt an HR team would care enough to dig into FB when you're dealing with that kind of volume.

It might be the case for smaller companies tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by j.monkey123
Nope not video interview, final interview in their offices.

Alright, thanks for the clarification.

How long did it take for you to hear back from Laz after submitting the video?

Cheers
I think they're being overly paranoid. Summers get at least 2-5x the number of applications as SWs do, I highly doubt an HR team would care enough to dig into FB when you're dealing with that kind of volume.

It might be the case for smaller companies tho.

Posted from TSR Mobile

does this more or less mean that if you did not manage to get a sw you can forget about summer? and also, what percentage of summer interns comes from sw?
does this more or less mean that if you did not manage to get a sw you can forget about summer? and also, what percentage of summer interns comes from sw?

No

Most summer applicants won't have done an SW.
Reply 3197

Depends on the firm. According to friends who went to GS this year for SW it was 40%, JPM was very low and Rothschild was apparently 100%. No idea about the rest.
Original post by RWiz
Depends on the firm. According to friends who went to GS this year for SW it was 40%, JPM was very low and Rothschild was apparently 100%. No idea about the rest.

GS was waaaaaaaay higher than that. BAML and MS were low af.

Posted from TSR Mobile
GS was waaaaaaaay higher than that. BAML and MS were low af.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Does it also mean that MS and BAML have a low conversion rate from SW to summer?

Latest

Trending

Trending