The Student Room Group

ADVICE (GCSE) help!

I'm currently a GCSE student in Year 11, I usually get A/A* grades in my exams without really trying, except for some subjects (due to lack of consideration for those subjects through my time at secondary school and lack of self belief). It wasn't until recently (Year 10) where I started achieving better grades - mainly because of a more positive look on myself and my education. It's a month until my GCSE exams and I've barely done any revision for anything. I'm not saying it won't be hard and I'm prepared to now put in the hard work.Do you think its too late to achieve A/A* results?
- Please be honest thank you. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Taylore16
I'm currently a GCSE student in Year 11, I usually get A/A* grades in my exams without really trying, except for some subjects (due to lack of consideration for those subjects through my time at secondary school and lack of self belief). It wasn't until recently (Year 10) where I started achieving better grades - mainly because of a more positive look on myself and my education. It's a month until my GCSE exams and I've barely done any revision for anything. I'm not saying it won't be hard and I'm prepared to now put in the hard work.Do you think its too late to achieve A/A* results?

Hiya, I'm a year 11 student too, and I'm about to sit my exams in less than a month! I've been experiencing serious procrastination recently, so I haven't been doing much revision either. I've checked with some websites, and the ideal time you should start revising for an exam is 6-20 weeks before.

I don't think it's too late for you to achieve A/A* results. You've said that you've achieved similar grades in your previous exams without really trying, so I can't think of a reason as to why you'd fail these ones. As long as you start revising now (and I mean NOW), I think you'll be fine.

Best of luck to your exams!! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by nusquam
Hiya, I'm a year 11 student too, and I'm about to sit my exams in less than a month! I've been experiencing serious procrastination recently, so I haven't been doing much revision either. I've checked with some websites, and the ideal time you should start revising for an exam is 6-20 weeks before.

I don't think it's too late for you to achieve A/A* results. You've said that you've achieved similar grades in your previous exams without really trying, so I can't think of a reason as to why you'd fail these ones. As long as you start revising now (and I mean NOW), I think you'll be fine.

Best of luck to your exams!! :smile:

👌 I think that is really good advice also just try your best any problems let us know

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Taylore16

Start now, work hard and it will pay off in the end :smile:
If you're already getting A/A* now that's a good sign and shows that with a little hard work you won't be far off from reaching the grades you want

Quick Reply

Latest