The Student Room Group

Why are so many celebrities dying?

Amy Winehouse, Britanny Murphy, Heath Ledger, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston and daughter, Paul Walker, Peaches Geldof, Cory Monteith, Alan Rickman, Prince, Terry Wogan, Robin Williams, Victoria Wood, Ronnie Corbett, David Bowie, Paul Daniels etc etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Erm THEY ARE NOT IMMORTAL. Everybody has to die

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because they're mortal.
This is conformation bias, the statistical probability of a celebrity dying hasn't increased significantly over the past decade.
their great wealth cannot buy them a single heartbeat beyond their allotted span.
Reply 5
Some of those died ages ago. You're living in the past, man.
It's life- celebrities are human beings like us, they got to die some how. It's so sad, Michael Jackson is born on my birthday- when I put the music channel on TV, it comes up with MJ's birthday and I feel like crying. He didn't know me but it was like he was a part of me- we both have the same birthday(29th August).
Reply 7
People die. Of old age, drug overdose, car crash.

Don't think there is any particular trend here. :redface:
(edited 8 years ago)
The BBC srticle I read suggested it was because it was all stars of 1980s shows. I also read that the death rate has been higher over the pas year.

Either way, consider those who have been bereaved.
It's almost as if like they're like every other human in the world.
Illnesses, stupid driving, drugs etc...

Death is a natural thing!
It happens to 100% of us!
There are lots of people that die everyday (unfortunately). But that's life!
what a stupid question
Britanny Murphy died?!
Reply 13
All celebrities will die one day
Reply 14
They're all participating in the celebrity edition of The Hunger Games.

May the odds be ever in their favour.
It's not just celebrities, people die all the time
Fun fact: people die, every minute.
Reply 17
By (the Token of) Time (through the ages)
Verily Man is in loss
Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy.
Reply 18
More celebrities are dying this year than they have done in previous years. This is primarily because of the rise of celebrity in the 50s, 60s and 70s. Those celebrities are now reaching old age so they will start dying at an increased rate. This is a trend that will continue, however, 2016 is a particularly bad year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
More celebrities are dying this year than they have done in previous years. This is primarily because of the rise of celebrity in the 50s, 60s and 70s. Those celebrities are now reaching old age so they will start dying at an increased rate. This is a trend that will continue, however, 2016 is a particularly bad year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Muhammad Emwarzi was only 26 although he died in 2015.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest