The Student Room Group

GCSE requirements for Engineering

Hi,

I have really bad GCSE grades because I was really lazy and did not know the consiqunces of failing my GCSEs. When I left school I ended up only gaining
GCSE English C
Btec science Pass
Btec sport Pass
Btec IT pass
RE D

After realising that I had messed up, I retook my GCSE maths and gained a grade C.

Currently I am studying the Btec extended diploma in engineering and predicted D* D* D*. (Distinctions in both maths units )

My question is , would I still have a chance of getting into university even though I have really bad GCSEs grades. I want to do mechanical engineering at the university of Nottingham. Do I have a chance ???
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Azizul98
Hi,

I have really bad GCSE grades because I was really lazy and did not know the consiqunces of failing my GCSEs. When I left school I ended up only gaining
GCSE English C
Btec science Pass
Btec sport Pass
Btec IT pass
RE D

After realising that I had messed up, I retook my GCSE maths and gained a grade C.

Currently I am studying the Btec extended diploma in engineering and predicted D* D* D*. (Distinctions in both maths units )

My question is , would I still have a chance of getting into university even though I have really bad GCSEs grades. I want to do mechanical engineering at the university of Nottingham. Do I have a chance ???

Do you have a maths GCSE?

You'd be best to contact admissions at Nottingham's engineering department and see if they would be willing to make you an offer. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Azizul98
Hi,

GCSE English C
Btec science Pass
Btec sport Pass
Btec IT pass
RE D

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/applying/access-btec-entryrequirements.aspx

I'd still ring or email the admissions team just to make sure that you do not require a higher grade in GCSE Maths.
Reply 3
Original post by rayquaza17
Do you have a maths GCSE?

You'd be best to contact admissions at Nottingham's engineering department and see if they would be willing to make you an offer. :smile:

Hi, yes I have GCSE maths and English at grade C
Reply 4
Although I meet the minimum requirements . I'm just a bit worried as there the only GCSEs I have

Quick Reply

Latest