The Student Room Group

Subjects required

Can anyone tell me what subjects do Italian universities require for computer engineering
Original post by Haskus
Can anyone tell me what subjects do Italian universities require for computer engineering

Hey there @Haskus ,
Requirements differ for every university but for example if you were to study at DMU the requirements for Computer Science ( a Computer engineering equivalent ) . As an international student would you be required to have your countries equivalent of the following UK requirements :
112 UCAS points from at least two A-levels or equivalent or
BTEC National Diploma/ Extended Diploma at DMM
[start]Plus five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English and Mathematics or equivalent.[/start]
as well as if English is not your first language then an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each component (or equivalent) is essential.
I am an international student from South Africa and I applied for an engineering course that I am currently studying but I did not do A levels or GCSE's I applied with my countries equivalent which is a Matric certificate.
I would say also bare in mind that some universities require you have studied specific subjects for the computer science/engineering courses where as DMU does not , we require you have a specific amount of grades in the subjects of your choice because we teach the course from the ground up.
I hope this helps a little bit , feel free to ask anymore questions . We are happy to help.

Cece
Energy Engineering Student
De Montfort university
Original post by De Montfort University
Hey there @Haskus ,
Requirements differ for every university but for example if you were to study at DMU the requirements for Computer Science ( a Computer engineering equivalent ) . As an international student would you be required to have your countries equivalent of the following UK requirements :
112 UCAS points from at least two A-levels or equivalent or
BTEC National Diploma/ Extended Diploma at DMM
[start]Plus five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English and Mathematics or equivalent.[/start]
as well as if English is not your first language then an IELTS score of 6.0 overall with a minimum of 5.5 in each component (or equivalent) is essential.
I am an international student from South Africa and I applied for an engineering course that I am currently studying but I did not do A levels or GCSE's I applied with my countries equivalent which is a Matric certificate.
I would say also bare in mind that some universities require you have studied specific subjects for the computer science/engineering courses where as DMU does not , we require you have a specific amount of grades in the subjects of your choice because we teach the course from the ground up.
I hope this helps a little bit , feel free to ask anymore questions . We are happy to help.

Cece
Energy Engineering Student
De Montfort university

OP is asking what Italian universities require, not what Italian students applying to UK universities require.

Original post by Haskus

I've moved your thread to the international study forum to hopefully avoid confusion along the lines of the above...

They should state what their requirements are on their websites. Since typically in most European countries undergraduate degrees are conducted in the language of the country in question, you should hopefully be able to read what they state in Italian. Specific programmes may be offered as an "international" English language degree in which case this information should be available in English, although since you'd need to live and exist in Italy where people speak Italian for your day to day life, and all the other university regulations would be in Italian, realistically you'll need a certain level of Italian sooner or later.
Reply 3
Original post by artful_lounger
OP is asking what Italian universities require, not what Italian students applying to UK universities require.

I've moved your thread to the international study forum to hopefully avoid confusion along the lines of the above...

They should state what their requirements are on their websites. Since typically in most European countries undergraduate degrees are conducted in the language of the country in question, you should hopefully be able to read what they state in Italian. Specific programmes may be offered as an "international" English language degree in which case this information should be available in English, although since you'd need to live and exist in Italy where people speak Italian for your day to day life, and all the other university regulations would be in Italian, realistically you'll need a certain level of Italian sooner or later.

Yeah I'm learning Italian. Thanks for your information.
Can you pls tell me what is the percentage of students who get scholarship in Italy. Cuz I've heard every student is able to get scholarship.
Original post by Haskus
Yeah I'm learning Italian. Thanks for your information.
Can you pls tell me what is the percentage of students who get scholarship in Italy. Cuz I've heard every student is able to get scholarship.

No idea, but now that this thread is in the international study forum hopefully someone familiar with the system there can help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending