The Student Room Group

A question about what to ask the barber - Men

I'm thinking of getting my haircut and i've found a style that would suit my hair and face type. My one problem is that i don't know what to tell my barber. If i was to ask for a disconnected undercut at the barbers would i get the same cut as Blumaan did in this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DHTALp0foI
If not what would i have to say to the barber to get my hair cut like that?
just print out a screenshot & show the barber :beard:
Reply 2
Original post by the bear
just print out a screenshot & show the barber :beard:

I've done that a few times before but sometimes the barber cuts it to something that doesn't look like what i'd shown them
Show him clips of the video??
Reply 4
Original post by dean01234
Show him clips of the video??

Would they not see that as wasting time as they'd have to watch the video with you, in which time they could be doing another persons hair?
Original post by Keyford
Would they not see that as wasting time as they'd have to watch the video with you, in which time they could be doing another persons hair?

You don't have to show him the whole thing, but 10 / 15 seconds of the finished result would give him a clearer idea than just a picture.
Original post by Keyford

[video="youtube;QASWDavV0P8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QASWDavV0P8[/video]

This was in suggested videos.
Reply 7
Original post by dean01234
You don't have to show him the whole thing, but 10 / 15 seconds of the finished result would give him a clearer idea than just a picture.

Ah right, that makes sense. I'll try that then, wish me luck haha :biggrin:. Thanks for the help!
(edited 7 years ago)
They won't mind, just show 'em.
Take the shaver off of him and then show him.
@Keyford

A good barber will look at what you want and be able to advise you on whether it'd be possible for you.

For example I tend to like hairstyles that only work for people with thinner hair, mine is so thick that my barber said that it just wouldn't work. :frown: I've got a cracking haircut though. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest