The Student Room Group

A question for straight men

If an ass is on a girl you're all over it but if its on a boy its disgusting. Why? Both asses do the exact same function, so why is one type appealing and the other is convulsing? My best guess is societal standards?

Scroll to see replies

I don't really understand your question and your emphasis on "straight" man.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
If an ass is on a girl you're all over it but if its on a boy its disgusting. Why? Both asses do the exact same function, so why is one type appealing and the other is convulsing? My best guess is societal standards?

Could you explain further? I don't know what you mean.
Reply 3
I think I get what you mean. Straight guys just don't really assess other guys rears as they are not attracted to other guys as a whole. Guys assess female rears since they are attracted to females as a whole and so a female's rear then becomes sexual.

Usually though while variations are fine most guys prefer a female's rear to be in shape to be worthy of admiration.

Interestingly guys tend to pay close attention to the form of a female's rear so tight fitting clothing over a female's rear draws most guys attention in a good way if the female's rear is in shape. If it's out of shape in terms of a weight issue then for most guys the opposite affect that of it being off putting tends to be the reaction.

Females though tend to be different, they don't seem to like guys to wear tight fitting stuff around their rears even if in shape. My guess is that it comes off as effeminate. So they tend to prefer a guy to wear loose fitting stuff around the rear even though they can't really see anything much. Possibly their imagination kicks in instead and they start to wonder.

YYou say straight men and you are surprised why they are not attracted to another man booty?
maybe it is because despite the stupid things society want to impose on people (particularly straight people), a straight man is STRAIGHT, and is supposed to be attracted to the opposite gender, women.

And you are gay. Why do want attention on your ass from straight men?
It is like gay men do not want to be with other gay men or bi men.
Ehh?? Straight men aren't attracted to guys so why would we find a male arse appealing? Just because it's the same body part doesn't mean there's an attraction there, you may as well ask why straight men don't find male lips appealing and so on.
Reply 6

The fact that you're directing your question at straight men suggests you know someone's sexual orientation is a factor.
Reply 7
Perhaps OP just wants to show his ass off to feel good about himself like women do these days. No reason OP can't get down the beach pull the back off his trunks down and go running around like that, like 'look world! here is my BUM!!!

Perhaps OP did that and didn't like the looks he got.
lol what are you even trying to say?
Reply 9
you could also ask girls tbh. my gf loves my butt but in a non sexual way. i love hers in the other way. probably similar to the reasons why girls chests are sexualised but boys arent
Original post by MolecularTwerp
lol what are you even trying to say?

That no one should cover their bums up when they go to the beach. Beach visitors should just be greeted to a beach full of bums wobbling around.
Reply 11

can't say i relate to that one, I've probably grabbed my homies' asses the same amount (if not more) as I have my girlfriend's tbh. Do i grab their bum and think "damn thats hot"? No. Conversely, do i think its disgusting? No. Its just a bit of banter for me.

Seems to me like the problem lies with the specific kind of person (people) you are talking about.
lolwut
Original post by ICEcold_Stoic
lolwut

fr lol, what was OP expecting
That no one should cover their bums up when they go to the beach. Beach visitors should just be greeted to a beach full of bums wobbling around.

What the…
Reply 15
I should have indicated I'm talking about people who despise the idea of it (rather than a lack of attraction which I understand).
Reply 16
Original post by ABBAForever2015
I don't really understand your question and your emphasis on "straight" man.

I should have indicated I'm talking about men who despise the idea of it, ones who will call other men's rears (or actions to do with them) gross then go on to grab their female partner's identical part. It seems very counter-intuitive to me. I understand the lack of attraction though, if I notice a girl's ass I don't feel anything towards it. However I would never act disgusted, it's just not what I'm into.
I forgot to add homophobic because I am in a very homophobic environment daily so that is how I perceive straight men.
Reply 17
I think I get what you mean. Straight guys just don't really assess other guys rears as they are not attracted to other guys as a whole. Guys assess female rears since they are attracted to females as a whole and so a female's rear then becomes sexual.

Usually though while variations are fine most guys prefer a female's rear to be in shape to be worthy of admiration.

Interestingly guys tend to pay close attention to the form of a female's rear so tight fitting clothing over a female's rear draws most guys attention in a good way if the female's rear is in shape. If it's out of shape in terms of a weight issue then for most guys the opposite affect that of it being off putting tends to be the reaction.

Females though tend to be different, they don't seem to like guys to wear tight fitting stuff around their rears even if in shape. My guess is that it comes off as effeminate. So they tend to prefer a guy to wear loose fitting stuff around the rear even though they can't really see anything much. Possibly their imagination kicks in instead and they start to wonder.

Ah, see my recent post - I was more targeting those who express a hate towards anything to do with a guy's rear
I should have indicated I'm talking about men who despise the idea of it, ones who will call other men's rears (or actions to do with them) gross then go on to grab their female partner's identical part. It seems very counter-intuitive to me. I understand the lack of attraction though, if I notice a girl's ass I don't feel anything towards it. However I would never act disgusted, it's just not what I'm into.
I forgot to add homophobic because I am in a very homophobic environment daily so that is how I perceive straight men.

Another man's rear is a turn off to straight men indeed. As a straight guy if I sit here and try to visualise getting off with a guy it sends a shiver down my spine. That's my brain telling me no it doesn't like the thought one little bit, hence why I have never done it with a man nor any wish too. That's just the way straight men are wired and hence why they are straight.

Apart from being on a man, mens rears may be slightly different in shape to the female possibly. Generally though it's that it's the male reproductive system, etc that they aren't wishing to get with as in they are not wishing to have sex with a male. A man's rear is where sex occurs so is a females but if you are straight you obviously want it with the female rear.

because we arent gay, its really that simple tbh. We dont want to be seeing that stuff, same way women dont like getting sent random **** pics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending