Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thread for students sitting AS Chemistry with CCEA this year, to discuss preparation, predictions, exam technique etc.

How did you all find the practical on Tuesday?
    How are you preparing for the remaining Chemistry exams?

ReputationRep:
    Been revising flat out for chemistry since the practical (which went ok) and can't remember anything, completely freaking out and haven't even started my other subjects

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea how to revise Booker B and can never find any CEA resources anywhere

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conniegibson98)
    I have no idea how to revise Booker B and can never find any CEA resources anywhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I haven't really started revision for booklet B yet (scared af right now). With other exams i feel like I have absolutely no time.

ReputationRep:
    I started today and obviously immediately regretted leaving it so late, I'm feeling really worried about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe_craig1)
    I started today and obviously immediately regretted leaving it so late, I'm feeling really worried about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It seems so hard because there isn't a set syllabus. If you do all the past papers at least and understand the answers for everything, you'll do fine. I started yesterday and I think with steady revision we'll be fine for it...

ReputationRep:
    It's not fun 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if c.e.t (carry error through) applies to the moles questions in booklet B? In the old markschemes it specified but doesn't say anything about it in the new ones...

ReputationRep:
    do any of you remember calculation answers that you got in the practical paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erin123456)
    do any of you remember calculation answers that you got in the practical paper?
    1) % by mass: 3.96%
    I don't know the numbers of the questions but there was a % yield of 32.4 i think and a mass of 15.4 i think as well (where you were given density and volume).

I though the paper was a bit different. I got iodoform for one of the questions and then propan-2-ol for the organic compound.

Did you get any of the same?
    How are you preparing for chemistry unit 1? Any predictions?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.