The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
It was the writing by Bill Bryson that made me laugh, and the fact that WJEC absolutely love him and use him practically every year for the Media paper :wink:
Reply 101
LucyA
It was the writing by Bill Bryson that made me laugh, and the fact that WJEC absolutely love him and use him practically every year for the Media paper :wink:

They do! It's pretty ridiculous.. :p:

I laughed in the English Lang mock at a Bill Bryson piece - about junk food - 'breakfast pizza' and 'marshmallow spread'.. Didn't find this year's as funny though, which is a good thing, because during the mock it made it really hard to concentrate.. :biggrin:
Reply 102
Yeah we had to write about Rod Stewart or Bruce Springsteen or someone American, I forget now
This year's German Listening was pretty strange, there was a guy who was trying to persuade his Mum to let him off school.. "Aaaaah Mutti.. Ich habe Kopf besomethingthed.." "Aaah Herman, letze woche du hat sotmach gesomethingthed!", the voices are hilarious. Herman sounded about thirty and his Mum sounded about 12 (you can tell why i only got a C for German can't you..!)

On the subject of invigilators, ours are all dinnerladies from our school, apart from one guy who's a complete geek - in a mock last year, it'd been reeeeally warm in the hall, the exam was really hard and everyone was dying and/or falling asleep, and he stood at the front of the room and went in a weird voice "Now guys," (old people calling students "guys" = not cool) "I know that was a bit.. *waves arms*.. But you all did well." - How the hell does he know?!

Also, a copper came in to talk to us at the end of one exam (a bloke in a silver car had ben trying to get girls to 'go home' with him) and h started talking really loudly before the end of the exam, one of the dinnerladies went "SHHHHH they're still under exam conditions!!" and he sat there looking very embarrased, which was tres amusant.
The colouring in question in geography was pretty laughable, these kind of questions give geography a bad name :P
Reply 105
I laughed at a question in the Double Science paper because it was the exact same question my friend sarcastically asked me before.

I laughed at the ICT paper in 2006 because one of the options was '<3' :biggrin:

In the Maths exam I started laughing because the invigilator stole the Lovehearts that fell out of my pocket.
Reply 106
I always get funny songs stuck in my head in exams which tends to make me laugh.

The French listening is often funny because the people often sound really strange. Although I got confused once because there was a mother, father and son. The mother and son sounded almost the same! It was impossible to tell them apart.

In one of my ICT GNVQ modules it started to rain really heavily and I felt this drop and looked up. I was right underneath some vent thing where a bit of rain was coming down through it. I didn't think anything of it. Then it turned to hail and suddenly loads of hailstones hit me. Everyone around me found it funny...
I laughed all the way through my food tech exam XD
Reply 108
In my English language exam one of the invigulators dropped about 25 exam papers on the floor...he just said oh damn! no one could help but laugh
girl_in_black
i was laughing during my french and german orals. the people on the tape just sound so stupid when the exagerate (sp?) everything :biggrin:

For a practise AS Level French, the tape started with a ringing phone and busy noises (like a restaurant in the background). A man then shouted Allo. Pause for about 10 seconds. Allo again slightly louder. Another 10 second pause. Allo extremely loudly (making us all laugh!) Another 10 second pause and then it went into the conversation. They must have put this stupid bit at the start to make us laugh!
In my French Listening (think it was the real thing, could've been a mock)... there was a man that had a voice so incredibly camp it was all I could do not to giggle my head off!
I was pretty annoyed as I was one mark off an A* :rolleyes: All our coursework's being sent back for awful marking and it was all put down by 6 marks though so hopefully... :smile:
Reply 111
ollie3_33
has anyone heard the cd for edexcel music gcse, that is funny. literally a class of 30 were laughing throughout the exam!

Oh yes. the way she pronounced 'question 9' always made me laugh.

i'm glad some body else pointed it out though, because it was only me who laughed during the exam.
Reply 112
I laughed like many people in the music exam!! Fortunately, it was just the mock. Expressionism and Experimentalism really do crack you up!! In fact all of us had the chuckles!!
we all laughed in our music listening mock
there was a bhangra song and i swear they were saying turkey turkey turkey
and they played burn baby burn as well
In a history mock exam I laughed really loudly cuz I had written something exceedingly stupid, but had no time to erase. It was something like "If Hitler hadn't existed, WWII might have been avoided". Honestly, that was the most stupid thing I've ever said in my entire life.
yeah...during our GCSE Chinese listening..
every person laughed...
they read soooooo sloow..
until we felt bored.
but everyone felt happy (:
getinthevan
This year's German Listening was pretty strange, there was a guy who was trying to persuade his Mum to let him off school.. "Aaaaah Mutti.. Ich habe Kopf besomethingthed.." "Aaah Herman, letze woche du hat sotmach gesomethingthed!", the voices are hilarious. Herman sounded about thirty and his Mum sounded about 12 (you can tell why i only got a C for German can't you..!)

Yeah, we had that in our mocks! Also, in our Year 10 exams, there was something wrong with the tape player which made the tape play too slowly, so there was a little girl talking with a low, evil voice! :biggrin:

When we had a music end-of-topic listening test, there was a piece where the singers had special effects on their voices, and they sounded like chickens! :biggrin:
Language Orals are the funniest thing ever. My German teacher played us a tape of one of her Year 11 ones, who was doing a restaurant roleplay and instead of "vorspeise" (starter), she said "vorspiele" (foreplay). You can just hear my teacher trying so hard not to laugh.

So just be glad you aren't that girl. At least in written exams, the examiners aren't laughing at you!

In my GCSE exams, we have an invigilator who looked like Brian May. Only female.
One of my friends farted...I had tears rolling on to the page!! I don't know how I didn't get disqualified!
My friend accidentally said 'Je suis chaude' in her French oral, which according to my french teacher means 'I am Horny' :O

Latest