The Student Room Group

Exam disruption HELP!!!

Can something be done?

GCSE business Edexcel exam - 1 hour 45 min done today. Extreme thunder and lightening which disrupted the exam due to extreme volume. Invigilators refused to close the doors meaning it was even louder. Hall roof started leaking so people had to move seats. People in my year were talking to each other and laughing during the exam!

I was aiming for a 9 but I could not concentrate at all so I believe this will impact my grade massively seeing as I need an 8 or 9 for A Level.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 1
You don't need a 8 or 9 for any a level subject. Whoever told you that must be lying..
Reply 2
It’s a personal goal. I need a 7/8 to take for A Level at my chosen school
Original post by Hasbo2005
You don't need a 8 or 9 for any a level subject. Whoever told you that must be lying..
Original post by meganm_b07
Can something be done?

GCSE business Edexcel exam - 1 hour 45 min done today. Extreme thunder and lightening which disrupted the exam due to extreme volume. Invigilators refused to close the doors meaning it was even louder. Hall roof started leaking so people had to move seats. People in my year were talking to each other and laughing during the exam!

I was aiming for a 9 but I could not concentrate at all so I believe this will impact my grade massively seeing as I need an 8 or 9 for A Level.

I would speak to your school to see if anything could be done, I would doubt it though. You have done other papers as well, and you may have done better than you think you have. I wouldn't worry about it too much now as it is done, just make sure you talk to someone at school to see if something can be done and if not maybe ask whether it would be a good idea to contact your sixth form of choice as to why you may not have done as well as you may have hoped.
Reply 4
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I would speak to your school to see if anything could bedone, I would doubt it though. You have done other papers as well, and you may have done better than you think you have. I wouldn't worry about it too much now as it is done, just make sure you talk to someone at school to see if something can be done and if not maybe ask whether it would be a good idea to contact your sixth form of choice as to why you may not have done as well as you may have hoped.

We are applying for special consideration
Original post by meganm_b07
We are applying for special consideration

Unfortunately, I doubt you'd get special consideration for that since storms have been affecting the entirety of the country. It wouldn't make sense for just your school to get special consideration.
Reply 6
Original post by toxicgamage56
Unfortunately, I doubt you'd get special consideration for that since storms have been affecting the entirety of the country. It wouldn't make sense for just your school to get special consideration.

It would. Storms hasn't happened everywhere! It's not about the atmosphere, it's about how it affected the exams! Just because it happens in some parts of the country, doesn't make it fair.
Original post by Hasbo2005
It would. Storms hasn't happened everywhere! It's not about the atmosphere, it's about how it affected the exams! Just because it happens in some parts of the country, doesn't make it fair.

I mean sure, I'm just guessing at the likelihood of the special consideration being offered since weather is a natural phenomena, and this specific storm has had a pretty widespread impact. If you think it would be offered, then that may very well be the case, but it's all up to the exam board's discretion.

Quick Reply

Latest