The Student Room Group

importance of AS grades

My AS's have not begun with a good start and i dont think i will get an A in my fourth AS which i intend to drop this summer (economics) i think i actually might be lucky to get a C in it. My question is, since the a levels have now been reformed to a linear style, how important are AS grades?
i understand they look at predictions, but is the C at economics going to cost me? Ive been upset thinking about it ever since i left the exam :frown: Am i likely to get offers with AAA predictions but perhaps ABBC AS grades?
do they even look at AS's?
Original post by boldyjim
My AS's have not begun with a good start and i dont think i will get an A in my fourth AS which i intend to drop this summer (economics) i think i actually might be lucky to get a C in it. My question is, since the a levels have now been reformed to a linear style, how important are AS grades?
i understand they look at predictions, but is the C at economics going to cost me? Ive been upset thinking about it ever since i left the exam :frown: Am i likely to get offers with AAA predictions but perhaps ABBC AS grades?

They only care about A 2's as far as I'm aware

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
My AS grades were ABBC, and I was predicted 3 As. I received all 5 of my offers, including one for A*AA - I wouldn't worry too much. Try and do your best, but have hope
Reply 3
Original post by Lizziefickling
They only care about A 2's as far as I'm aware

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cheers Lizzie, I think these posts are just the product of the stress im facing right now, as I feel like my dreams are slipping away :frown:, thank you though
Reply 4
Original post by Divewinds
My AS grades were ABBC, and I was predicted 3 As. I received all 5 of my offers, including one for A*AA - I wouldn't worry too much. Try and do your best, but have hope

Thank you very much ! You have no idea what kind of faith these posts install, cheers :smile:
Cheers Lizzie, I think these posts are just the product of the stress im facing right now, as I feel like my dreams are slipping away :frown:, thank you though

If you've got a dream, don't let anything tell you you can't go for it! I felt like that at one point and I'm in my second year now. Believe in yourself :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

A2's matter more but just try your best on AS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending