The Student Room Group

English language speaking exam

Is the English language speaking exam important like does it affect ur chances of getting into a uni in any way
Reply 1
I got a distinction in it I think: short answer is no.

If it was that important it would make up part of the final grade, but clearly even the exam boards don't really care about it despite it being a far more important & applicable skill than the other stuff you have to do for English Language.

I wouldn't stress about it, not to mention it is dead easy to get a distinction.
Reply 2
Original post by Heyhiello08*
Is the English language speaking exam important like does it affect ur chances of getting into a uni in any way

It doesn't impact uni chances whatsoever- it doesn't even contribute towards your final language grade, i think you just need to pass it in order to take the exam that does count to your grade
Reply 3
Original post by k5144
It doesn't impact uni chances whatsoever- it doesn't even contribute towards your final language grade, i think you just need to pass it in order to take the exam that does count to your grade

what abt a uni like Oxford or imperial
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Heyhiello08*
what abt a uni like Oxford or imperial

no, it is completely insignificant in terms of getting into any uni, you just need it to get into the actual gcse exams:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by k5144
no, it is completely insignificant in terms of getting into any uni, you just need it to get into the actual gcse exams:smile:

Oh ok tysm :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by KWad
I got a distinction in it I think: short answer is no.

If it was that important it would make up part of the final grade, but clearly even the exam boards don't really care about it despite it being a far more important & applicable skill than the other stuff you have to do for English Language.

I wouldn't stress about it, not to mention it is dead easy to get a distinction.

Tysm to u too 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest