The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by graciousgannon
Let's just hope for lower grade boundaries I suppose :frown:
Good luck though! I hope it goes well for you:smile:

Good Luck :biggrin:
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
I go to enrol on Friday too! Well I don't know, the college suck at giving start dates. I just hope they tell us at enrolment

Omg!! My appointment is at 12 I think? And yeah, hopefully. Do you have friends from school going with you? Because I'm the only person from my school going to the college so I'm going to be a complete loner.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by csutton
Omg!! My appointment is at 12 I think? And yeah, hopefully. Do you have friends from school going with you? Because I'm the only person from my school going to the college so I'm going to be a complete loner.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll make friends, I promise. The only friends who I'm still in contact with from Sixth Form are people who were externals (I went to the same school that the Sixth Form was part of). :smile:
Original post by csutton

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mines at 2, a couple of my friends are going but it'd be nice to know new people. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Im_trying
Ah noooo, you will do fine, I bet you will be surprised you will get the B! And I found the second English on hard as well but I'm sure you will do fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

hopefully we all do well thank you and good luck
What I need:
~8A's minimum to have a chance of getting into my desired dentistry school in 2 years

Predicted:
I'm not, it's been complicated since i moved school.

What i want ideally:
Bio A*
Chem A*
Phys A
Lit A
Lang A*
RS A*
Music A*
HS A*
Drama A
Geog A*
Math A*
Spanish A

Lowest grades in each subject I'd be happy with:
Bio A
Chem A
Phys B
Lit B
Lang A
RS A
Music A
HS A
Drama B
Geog A
Math A
Spanish A
^Any lower than these and I'd be upset

What I think I'll get:
Not a freaking clue

What I got:
Spanish A (sat it early last year)
The rest we'll see

Worried about:
EVERYTHING! I want to do well, especially in what I'm taking next year - Biology, Chemisty, Geography

Good luck everyone! I fly to Portugal on the same day in the afternoon so i'm either flying to celebrate or flying away from my failure.
Original post by usycool1
You'll make friends, I promise. The only friends who I'm still in contact with from Sixth Form are people who were externals (I went to the same school that the Sixth Form was part of). :smile:

I make friends pretty easily thanks to NCS, summer schools, volunteering, etc. but it's pretty daunting because it's two train rides away!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XLittleSparrowX
Mines at 2, a couple of my friends are going but it'd be nice to know new people. :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I met a few people at my interview and they were pretty friendly. I didn't go to the taster day though, did you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by csutton
I met a few people at my interview and they were pretty friendly. I didn't go to the taster day though, did you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Couldn't, had flu at the time, glad I'm not the only one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reading all these posts stresses me out!
I mean, I would be happy to pass some of my subjects, never mind A*s!:smile:
Original post by OwlOfFire
Reading all these posts stresses me out!
I mean, I would be happy to pass some of my subjects, never mind A*s!:smile:

Same!! I want A's, but I know I haven't got them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone, first time posting though I've been stalking this thread for quite a while now!
I'm so scared and nervous for results day lol, especially for chem and phy as I'm doing them at A-levels!!
If anyone did OCR Gateway, how did you find the exams? :smile:
Sooooo bored :frown:
Original post by Kxjzh
Same!! I want A's, but I know I haven't got them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm hoping to get a mix of A's and B's, however the papers were a bit weird and I don't think I did enough revision. So I'm hopping that I can scrape a pass in some subjects.
When does AQA release GB?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you guys have any tips for preventing a break down just so that I can be prepared for worst case scenario?
Original post by Anonymouuuuus
Am I the only one who had a mental breakdown in their most important exam and basically ruined their chances of taking the a level?

Nope your not the only one, i messed up in unit 1 aqa geography even though it was an easy paper. Pressure got the better of me lets hope unit 2 and unit 3 can save me.
Good luck anyway bet you will not need it :smile:
Original post by cboydxo
Hi everyone!
I'm new to this thread and I'm dreading results day even though I won't get mine until the 30th August :frown: (I'm on holiday and they'll be sent to my house so that I can open them then!)
Just wondering if anyone on this thread did any WJEC exams?
Good luck everyone, I'm sure we've all done well :smile:

Pretty much all of my exams were WJEC.
Even though I don't live in Wales
Original post by j.bolding2
Nope your not the only one, i messed up in unit 1 aqa geography even though it was an easy paper. Pressure got the better of me lets hope unit 2 and unit 3 can save me.
Good luck anyway bet you will not need it :smile:

I also messed up geography unit 1, which is really annoying as that was one I was hoping to do well on.
Original post by OwlOfFire
I also messed up geography unit 1, which is really annoying as that was one I was hoping to do well on.

I often do better on unit 1, was this aqa you did if so how did you find paper 2

Latest