The Student Room Group

How many hours should i be revising?

Its half term now and i was just wondering how many hours is recommended/do you revise each day?? (For GCSEs )
Original post by lou2471
Its half term now and i was just wondering how many hours is recommended/do you revise each day?? (For GCSEs )

The same as you were before. If you weren't doing any, 4-5 hours a day.
Apparently you remember better if you revise just before bed, i do 7:30 to 10 mostly. Plus its better because the mornings belong to you this way so you become more productive because it doesn't feel as if you've wasted your day and feeling depressed
Reply 3
Original post by leonard.c
Apparently you remember better if you revise just before bed, i do 7:30 to 10 mostly. Plus its better because the mornings belong to you this way so you become more productive because it doesn't feel as if you've wasted your day and feeling depressed

okay ill try revising before bed - but i probably will during the day too or i'll get stressed about not revising lol
Original post by lou2471
okay ill try revising before bed - but i probably will during the day too or i'll get stressed about not revising lol

If you spend too much time cramming then it can sometimes do more harm than good. How do you revise? If it's just reading notes and textbooks and trying to learn parrot-fashion then you might find that you get more joy from writing out some practice answers to sample questions. This will help you understand the content alot more.
Original post by lou2471

i revise at least 3/4 hours a day, just take regular break intervals so you dont overwork yourself and forget all the information you've learnt. i'd also recommend revising an hour or two before bed, just so you can remember stuff the next morning
Reply 6
Original post by melisss22
i revise at least 3/4 hours a day, just take regular break intervals so you dont overwork yourself and forget all the information you've learnt. i'd also recommend revising an hour or two before bed, just so you can remember stuff the next morning

okay thank you! :smile:
I would say 3 hours a day, spaced out with breaks. That's what worked for me. It all depends on how much you can retain in a given set of time

Quick Reply

Latest