The Student Room Group

Depending on your husband for money in 2016 is deplorable

In this day and age when women's rights have come so far, there's still so many women who are are willing to marry for money, which is quite frankly a disgrace. Women who are housewives also need to take a long hard look at themselves and reassess their lives, as it's basically an admission that they can't be assed to work hard for themselves so they'll marry someone who does it for them. Also Muslim women who say this in 2016 are wrong as well, in the past it's been somewhat dangerous for a woman to work but there's no excuse now not to go to university and get a good job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lol who are you to tell a woman how to live her life.

It's quite pathetic how you're putting housewives down and generalising them all, when in fact their job is harder than most jobs.

There are plenty of men who would prefer their wives to be housewives, so if both husband and wife are happy, then I don't see what your problem is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

It's quite pathetic how you're putting housewives down and generalising them all, when in fact their job is harder than most jobs.

There are plenty of men who would prefer their wives to be housewives, so if both husband and wife are happy, then I don't see what your problem is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you even read OP's post?
Reply 3
Original post by Abstract_Prism

Clearly not, but when has that ever stopped anyone on tsr posting stupid views?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HAnwar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its people like you who are keeping the patriarchy alive.
Original post by Multiculturalism
Its people like you who are keeping the patriarchy alive.

The patriarchy gets **** done.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Women who are housewives also need to take a long hard look at themselves and reassess their lives, as it's basically an admission that they can't be assed to work hard for themselves so they'll marry someone who does it for them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a bit harsh. Anyway, working sucks. Why would you choose to work if there alternatives? I have more contempt for men happy to pay for a trophie woman than the woman prepared to fulfil that role. Still live and let live. Judge others as you would have them judge you and all that. If everyone is consensual and happy what does it matter?
If a man is willing to perform like a trained seal for 40 years to keep a woman in comfort, then why not take advantage of it?
Many women enjoy being housewives; it is their traditional role.

Reply 9
Original post by Abstract_Prism

You tell him:biggrin:
I agree.

And as for people who say being a housewife is hard...lol

There are men and women out there who can actually do both, work for a steady household income and take care of the kids and house. And nowadays, with all the advances in technology, household work is barely hard.

Ffs all you need to do is shove some clothes in a box to clean them and dry them, and run a stick around your home for at most half an hour a day to keep it dirt free.

I think housewives are just lazy and I hate how there's a 'homemaker' option on official forms etc. They're bloody unemployed that's what
In this day and age when women's rights have come so far, there's still so many women who are are willing to marry for money, which is quite frankly a disgrace. Women who are housewives also need to take a long hard look at themselves and reassess their lives, as it's basically an admission that they can't be assed to work hard for themselves so they'll marry someone who does it for them. Also Muslim women who say this in 2016 are wrong as well, in the past it's been somewhat dangerous for a woman to work but there's no excuse now not to go to university and get a good job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I assume you have formed this opinion after extensive experience bringing up children in the home?

People do what works for them and if they have the earning power for one of them (either gender) to not work and focus their attention on children, dogs or whatever else they deem a priority then good for them.

Likewise I think you underestimate the cost of childcare and in many instances if you are not well paid you can actually be worse off by trying to work, because childcare costs more than you'll earn.

I'm somewhat confused why you have such strong emotions about how other people choose to spend their lives.
I bet you also say that women should be able to do what they want.
Reply 13
Clearly not, but when has that ever stopped anyone on tsr posting stupid views?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Clearly no one has ever stopped you.
If i was given the chance by Allah to marry a wealthy man and not have to work a single day in my life, i would take it (as would many others). I would be able to travel the world, help those in need and be a mum who could spend 24/7 with her children and bring them up to be part of the best Ummah on the world.
You are forgetting to take into consideration that Allah has a plan for everyone thus not everyone is clever enough to get a job and by Allahs will not everyone will work/have a high flying job. I understand that Allah swt urges us all to gain knowledge but we are living for him and the life after this one - this life is a test- many of these women who are housewives will be content and given the chance to expand their religious knowledge.
Problems will only arise if these women are oppressed or stopped from working against their own free will.
Original post by Zara0526
If i was given the chance by Allah to marry a wealthy man and not have to work a single day in my life, i would take it (as would many others). I would be able to travel the world, help those in need and be a mum who could spend 24/7 with her children and bring them up to be part of the best Ummah on the world.
You are forgetting to take into consideration that Allah has a plan for everyone thus not everyone is clever enough to get a job and by Allahs will not everyone will work/have a high flying job. I understand that Allah swt urges us all to gain knowledge but we are living for him and the life after this one - this life is a test- many of these women who are housewives will be content and given the chance to expand their religious knowledge.
Problems will only arise if these women are oppressed or stopped from working against their own free will.

Provided you liked said man for other reasons asides from money, of course?
Original post by donutellme
Provided you liked said man for other reasons asides from money, of course?

Hahah, of course!! (The money would be a bonus and most certanily wouldn't work if i didn't have to 😂)
Original post by Serine Soul
I agree.

There are men and women out there who can actually do both, work for a steady household income and take care of the kids and house. And nowadays, with all the advances in technology, household work is barely hard.

Ffs all you need to do is shove some clothes in a box to clean them and dry them, and run a stick around your home for at most half an hour a day to keep it dirt free.

I think housewives are just lazy and I hate how there's a 'homemaker' option on official forms etc. They're bloody unemployed that's what

Doesn't meet the criteria to constitute 'unemployed'.

If people want a family dynamic where the woman (or man even) wants to stay at home, then there is nothing wrong with that.
Lol at everyone's knowledge of how hard being a housewife is.

I think the prerequisite for a valid opinion on that front is actually looking after children and a house full time.
Reply 19
Original post by Serine Soul
I agree.

Pretty much everyone I work with where both parents work both send their kids away during the day and have a cleaner. And then moan whenever they do have to do household chores that are left.

And the last part just shows your complete ignorance about this subject. To be unemployed you have to want to work. Since housewives are not looking for jobs, they do not count as unemployed.

Not to mention that they are not unemployed at all. This highlights in a nice way a big flaw in GPD.

Consider an economy of 10 couples with children and 10 homes. In one universe everyone owns and lives in their own home. The GDP from housing is 0. In another universe everyone rents the next person's home. The GDP from housing is positive.

Now consider that in the first example the wifes stay at home. The GDP is 0 from housework. In the second universe each wife looks after someone else's kid and gets paid. The GDP from housework is positive.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending