The Student Room Group

Part Funding Apprenticeship

I undertook a midwifery degree 2012-2016, and came out of it with a degree as I had enough credits, but due to failing a core module was unable to become a midwife. This is now almost 7 years ago and since then I have been trying to find a way to become a registered midwife. I am unable to enter a current degree programme at a midpoint due to university courses differing, and due to the fact I have a degree from it. I am unable to fund myself to go back to uni and start from the beginning again. I have contacted the NMC and they will not allow me to do a return to practice or midwifery short course for registered nurses as I never entered the register.
I am currently working as a maternity support worker at an NHS trust and when I had my interview they said that they would put me forward for the apprenticeship. When I had my interview, it came out that I would be ineligible for the apprenticeship due to them not funding courses that will be more than 50% of the same content (which obviously it would be).
So now I am stuck. My husband found somewhere online that said that there is a way to part-fund yourself, but trying to find that information again, but we can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know how I would go about part-funding the apprenticeship myself?
Thanks in advance

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending