The Student Room Group

about marriage

is it better to have arrange or love marriage ? but i prefer arrange marriage

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
is it better to have arrange or love marriage ? but i prefer arrange marriage

Love marriage. Why marry someone that you don’t know and may not have compatibility with?
Reply 2
Love marriage. Why marry someone that you don’t know and may not have compatibility with?

Given the number of love” mariages that break down, why shouldn’t an arranged mariage work ?As long as the husband/ wife was carefully chosen and there is mutual respect and each person is a willing participant I have nothing against it. A family forcing a young girl into marrying someone against her wishes is something else however.
Original post by Euapp
Given the number of love” mariages that break down, why shouldn’t an arranged mariage work ?As long as the husband/ wife was carefully chosen and there is mutual respect and each person is a willing participant I have nothing against it. A family forcing a young girl into marrying someone against her wishes is something else however.

Not necessarily it takes two people that are right for one and other and if the understanding and compatibility there there’s no reason to why it cannot work you just can’t go upon statical or factual points about love marriage. Not in the context of bringing force marriage in love marriage when two people genuinely love each other there’s no reason to why it cannot work

idk ask my brown parents
idk ask my brown parents

Lmao I’m in a situation myself can I guess you of Asian heritage.
Reply 6

its better arrange marriage coz it lasts than love marriage coz love marriage u know each other while arrange u dont know each other so ur curious to know about him or her thinggs go slowly slowly
its better arrange marriage coz it lasts than love marriage coz love marriage u know each other while arrange u dont know each other so ur curious to know about him or her thinggs go slowly slowly

I respect your opinion but I disagree arrange marriage to be honest makes it awkward because you don’t even know the person, and again there maybe no comparability and understanding as for love marriage you may know each other for a little period of time the bond and understanding develops and provided that both of you see something in one and other that’s more special and lasting.
Reply 8
I respect your opinion but I disagree arrange marriage to be honest makes it awkward because you don’t even know the person, and again there maybe no comparability and understanding as for love marriage you may know each other for a little period of time the bond and understanding develops and provided that both of you see something in one and other that’s more special and lasting.

ok thats great i think maybe it depends on someones like
Reply 9
Not necessarily it takes two people that are right for one and other and if the understanding and compatibility there there’s no reason to why it cannot work you just can’t go upon statical or factual points about love marriage. Not in the context of bringing force marriage in love marriage when two people genuinely love each other there’s no reason to why it cannot work

I didn’t say that a love mariage can’t work, I was just pointing out that if each person is honest going into the relationship,arranged marriages can work, as long as arranged doesn’t mean forced! On top of that arranged mariages don’t necessarily involve marrying a stranger. Often the couple is introduced and they are given a certain time to get to know each other before deciding whether they wish to continue or not.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 10
Original post by Euapp
I didn’t say that a love mariage can’t work, I was just pointing out that if each person is honest going into the relationship,arranged marriages can work, as long as arranged doesn’t mean forced!

thats true its really good when we communicate so that we can get different ideas
Original post by Euapp
I didn’t say that a love mariage can’t work, I was just pointing out that if each person is honest going into the relationship,arranged marriages can work, as long as arranged doesn’t mean forced!

Yeah obviously and definitely if a person doesn’t see themselves with that particular person that too during a relationship force marriage is to be prevented
ok thats great i think maybe it depends on someones like

Yeah exactly!
Reply 13
Yeah exactly!

ok another qn for u guyz is it good to marry someone who is different from ur culture like turkish guy and tanzanian indian girl or i think its difficult to get different people
Reply 14
ok another qn for u guyz is it good to marry someone who is different from ur culture like turkish guy and tanzanian indian girl or i think its difficult to get different people

coz most of them they get married their own culture but i prefer different culture coz u ae going to learn many different things or?

It depends on you but then again this is where culture clash may occur especially in Asian society in the point in which how likely are the in laws and both set of parents are likely to accept the marriage. I personally would go for someone of my culture like I’m awaiting patiently my turn to marry a girl of my culture although there’s been some ongoing issues to resolve.
coz most of them they get married their own culture but i prefer different culture coz u ae going to learn many different things or?

Exploration isn’t a bad idea will it work only you know if this is the case with love marriage the two of you know if there’s compatibility and understanding with the clear vision for future then there’s no reason to go for it as for arranged with the parents choice again this is you paired with someone that you don’t know based on their choice and selection to who’s for you that to me I am against. My personal preference.
Reply 17
It depends on you but then again this is where culture clash may occur especially in Asian society in the point in which how likely are the in laws and both set of parents are likely to accept the marriage. I personally would go for someone of my culture like I’m awaiting patiently my turn to marry a girl of my culture although there’s been some ongoing issues to resolve.

ooh ok then inshaallah(gods willing) everything will be ok just pray
Lmao I’m in a situation myself can I guess you of Asian heritage.

Correct. But thank the LORD my parents are finally starting to let me choose my future partner
ooh ok then inshaallah(gods willing) everything will be ok just pray

In Sha Allah. I hope so I have waited patiently 1 year already for her when we first spoke she said she may need 2 or 3 years to tell her parents I just want her confidentially and bravely to tell her parents because I’ve told mine my mother given acceptance and blessing and I’m just awaiting patiently.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending