The Student Room Group

If you were good looking...

Scroll to see replies

Don't think this chat applies to me....

Original post by SeanFM
So true.

Another one where a guy asked 100 women on the street if they'd sleep with him and 0% said yes.

When a girl asked 100 guys, can't remember the number but inifinitely more guys said yes :tongue:

yeah i seen both vids XD
Reply 62
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Modelling agencies tend to go for a very particular kind of look and most conventionally good-looking people probably wouldn't fit that bill. And most models aren't super rich anyway, that's just a small minority of them.

Yeah, a model on tedtalk talked about how it's almost a genetic lottery.
The models who do become very well known when they get signed can make a lot of money like Giselle Bunchen who made £44m in one year.
Depends what you mean by get far in life. Making a few quid in modelling is not really something I'm interested in doing. Obviously, if I could, I'd be a superstar but been good looking alone is not enough for that.

I don't think being good looking is much of an advantage in terms of career but if it was, I would use the whatever assets god gave me.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mathemagicien
I can't believe how rude people on here are... what is the world coming to?!

I blame Oxford-graduate dominated governments tbh
Reply 65
Nope
use your books, not your looks :colonhash:
I don't think I'm particularly stunning, but I am relatively good looking. I always get free things in Pret and people are generally really nice to me. I've been told this is because I am relatively attractive, but I'd argue it's because I'm nice and have conversations with people. Compliment the person behind the till and they'll likely give you a free snack.

It does come with its drawbacks in the form of sexual harassment and assault however.

Quick Reply

Latest