The Student Room Group

rejected from mcdonalds

i have a second interview tho, what are the chances of me passing?
I can’t speak for McDonalds but I can speak from other experiences with second interviews for another organisation.

When I applied for an Associate Practitioner role in the NHS, I was initially rejected and after emailing in to ask the reason why and as to how I could improve my technique, I was told that my answers were “very good”, but I didn’t answer the questions in their entirety and the advised I apply again, to which I did and passed after going through the questions again in my head after they were initially asked, also, little trick from my perspective. If you need a little more time, ask them to repeat the question as sometimes you may think of an answer whilst they’re repeating the question.

Second interviews are actually a good thing as it shows you have potential to the employer, they just need to solidify their thoughts on you.

Good luck!
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
it's so discouraging though, getting rejected by 50+ other companies was humbling but getting rejected by mcdonalds is making me deep life.. also i had my oje which was a second interview with the branch manager and all he did was ask for my availability and everything else, i really thought i got the job but no
Original post by megan_xay
it's so discouraging though, getting rejected by 50+ other companies was humbling but getting rejected by mcdonalds is making me deep life.. also i had my oje which was a second interview with the branch manager and all he did was ask for my availability and everything else, i really thought i got the job but no

Trust me when I say searching for your first job is TOUGH. I took a Band 2 in the NHS (bottom of the barrel) after uni but before that, I was unemployed for a whole year following leaving my teaching course in December 2019 (beginning of the plague) as everywhere I went was looking for experience until I got lucky and got a job in the Lighthouse Labs where they were looking for anyone and everyone with a science degree (my degree is in Biomedical Science).

It takes patience but you’ll get it, don’t worry!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending