The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

crazy_cutie44
i was just wondering if anyone knew any universities that have very good sports facilities, especially ones with decent swimming pools??
x

I was fairly impressed by Glasgows facilities when i was there. By its reputation as a very sports heavy uni id assume Loughborough has very good facilities.
Reply 2
I believe Bath is renowned for its sport's facilities - as is Loughborough (sp?)
Reply 3
UEA has good facilities plus a great swimming pool.
Newcaslte has an 18 hole golf course.
Major cities such as Manchester, Edinburgh and Liverpool all have great sports facilities.
Bath and Loughborough have played host to many track and field events and are both know to have sporting reputations.
Reply 4
From someone who hasn't looked at anything to do with sport at uni.. I've heard quite a bit about Loughborough
Reply 5
uea, loughborough and rhul are good
Reply 6
I was told a while ago that the swimming facilities at UEA had been used by the British swimming team as the training centre for the east of england..
Reply 7
Nottingham has a nice pool
Eggy Hog
I believe Bath is renowned for its sport's facilities - as is Loughborough (sp?)

This is true (and you spelt Loughborough right!), but why ?! Because both of these are home to the EIS (English Institute for Sport) centres, and so the facilities are lottery funded, and state of the art.
uea-great sports park and one of ther reasons im going there!!
also loughborough have amazing facilities as do bath and nottingham.
Reply 10
Loughborough have loads of facilities spread out across the campus (ie not in one sports centre, but great none the less).

UEA is great on sports facilities - the sports centre is huge and it has a really good swimming pool that can be used as 50 metres of 2 x 25 metre pools. Huge gym, all sorts of facilities for marshall arts, dance studio, aerobics studio, massive sports hall that can be split up and has moving stadium seating, and also an outdoor athletics track. Plus they're building new tennis courts soon I think. And its all cheap to use!
Reply 11
Expression
This is true (and you spelt Loughborough right!), but why ?! Because both of these are home to the EIS (English Institute for Sport) centres, and so the facilities are lottery funded, and state of the art.

Very true - I heard about those somewhere.
The Scottish Institute for Sport is located at Stirling - so if there is a university at Stirling, it will undoubtedly have good sport's facilities as well
Reply 12
I'm told we (Bath) now have the best facilities (following the opening of our multi-million pound Sports Training Village). It has to be seen to be believed. We have a 50m pool, 8 indoor tennis courts, 10-15 outdoor tennis courts, countless football pitches (around 15), a state-of-the-art gym (which Bath rugby players train in!), two massive sports halls and even a bobsleigh start track!

We own Loughborough.
Reply 13
Eggy Hog
Very true - I heard about those somewhere.
The Scottish Institute for Sport is located at Stirling - so if there is a university at Stirling, it will undoubtedly have good sport's facilities as well

There is most definitely a university in Stirling.
Reply 14
Pencil Queen
rhul has no pool though - their swimming club uses a smaller than 25m pool owned by a local school.

really??? now that's interesting...
Reply 15
Pencil Queen
In fact looking at the website it doesn't look like they even have a swimming club anymore:frown:

the reason i thought it was good is because it's known to have the best facilities from all those universities in the university of london group.
Reply 16
The facilities at UEA are fantastic...they're pretty big on sports scholarships as well.
Bigcnee
I'm told we (Bath) now have the best facilities (following the opening of our multi-million pound Sports Training Village). It has to be seen to be believed. We have a 50m pool, 8 indoor tennis courts, 10-15 outdoor tennis courts, countless football pitches (around 15), a state-of-the-art gym (which Bath rugby players train in!), two massive sports halls and even a bobsleigh start track!

We own Loughborough.
quite and its free assess to students i believe
Reply 18
Speciez99
quite and its free assess to students i believe

Apart from the gym, which has a significantly reduced annual membership/
Reply 19
Warwick ain't too bad for sports facilities either.

Latest

Trending

Trending