The Student Room Group

English literature year 10

I have my english literature exam coming up next week and I don't know how to revise it all I know, am going to be given unseen poetry and essays to write about Jane Eyre but I don't know how to revise it
so anyone know any good websites and some tips I can use to get the best possible grades
Thanks.
I can give you lots of advice on Unseen poetry! :smile:
Hey!

I'm in the exact same situation as you!
What exam board are you?and what have you studied so far?
Reply 3
what are some tips I can use please?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
am doing AQA and have only studied Jane Eyre and a few poems:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Naomeyz_01
am doing AQA and have only studied Jane Eyre and a few poems:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have my English exams Monday and Tuesday
and i' ve done christmas carol,Macbeth and 10 poems from the love/relationships cluster.

Tips (or how i revise and i got 30,30 for my most recent exam):
- Learn a bunch of sophisticated words like say Macbeth for example( you can describe Lady Macbeth as associated with the 'femme fatales' and Machiavellian renaissance, she is vindictive,tenacious,grotesque imagery,anesthetist, subversion of societal expectations of women...)

- Learn sentence starters(they add a sense of sophistication, flow and quality to your essay)

-pick out the main quotes describing relationships between characters, how a certain theme is portrayed, presentation of characters and learn quotes.

-Analyse the quotes in DETAIL.
E.G: writer's intention
affect on reader
tone
structure
rhyme scheme/rythm
punctuation
syntax
context
multiple interpretations
single word analysis (and when addressing the words use specific terminology like 'personal pronoun)
Be evaluative

-Learn more advanced techniques such as synesthesia, caesura, iambic pentameter, enjambement, internal rhyme..

Quick Reply

Latest