The Student Room Group

What A Level should I take to become a Psychiatrist?

Hi, I have just finished my GCSE's and I have to pick my A level's. But I have a problem. Id love to be a psychiatrist or psychologist but I struggle with chemistry. I have personally looked around and most Universities expect at least 2 sciences mainly chemistry and or biology. I have considered to take psychology, biology,english for my A levels but I need to pick one more subject. Can you please tell me if there are any possibilities of not taking a chemistry A level and still getting onto the course or if there are alternative routes that I could take . thanx :smile:
Original post by Aleks9912
Hi, I have just finished my GCSE's and I have to pick my A level's. But I have a problem. Id love to be a psychiatrist or psychologist but I struggle with chemistry. I have personally looked around and most Universities expect at least 2 sciences mainly chemistry and or biology. I have considered to take psychology, biology,english for my A levels but I need to pick one more subject. Can you please tell me if there are any possibilities of not taking a chemistry A level and still getting onto the course or if there are alternative routes that I could take . thanx :smile:

If you want to be a psychiatrist, you'll need to study Medicine. You need A-Level Chemistry for Medicine pretty much so you'll have to take it if you want to go down that route. There are other options too like graduate entry medicine, but their future is uncertain.

Quick Reply

Latest