The Student Room Group

Work load of A level chemsitry, biology and art

Ive picked A level biology and Chemsitry for my subjects, my third one is business studies. After being set some homework to do over the holidays im coming to accept that business studies isnt for me and not something o want to spent the next two years doing. My next option im considering is art, im predicted a B for my work although im not sure untill i get my resuts. The problem is im terrified of the work load, im being told chemsitry is one of the most demanding A levels you can take and i imagine that biology is something similar. I know from art being my hobby that it can be very time consuming and im just generally scared that the work load will be too much for me. I have a really bad memory which doesnt help either and im beginning to panic on what i shoud choose. Can anyone help explain the work load of A level art and if it would be too much to do these subjects together? Thanks
Reply 1
art has a very high workload and you'll have constant deadlines and tonnes of coursework to do. consider another less demanding subject which doesn't have so much coursework. biology and chemistry and also very demanding subjects so doing them alongside art doesn't sound like a wise move !
Reply 2
Biology lots. Chemistry just requires application rather than facts, so in my opinion Chemistry has 20% the work rate of biology.
Reply 3
A Level art requires lots of time and effort in order to achieve a high grade! My school recommended 4 hours on top of class time but thats definitely not enough from experience, I ended up getting a C at AS
I took Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and Fine Art for my A-level. A-level art is very demanding and difficult to achieve a high grade. During my A-level, I spent around 5 hrs from Monday to Friday and 12-15 hrs in the weekend to work on my course work. I barely had time to study for my other subjects ( I only attended classes in school). In the end, I got 100% for Mathematics and Art but ended up with As for Biology and Chemistry. As a person who is not studying art anymore in university, I strongly recommend you to take art only if you are applying to art school because I do regret taking art though it was fun.
Well my back up plan is to be a designer of some kind as one of my hobbies is art, my problem is my memory is dreadful so my main goal of being a vet seems nearly impossible to me and I'm at a loss with everything
I took Chemistry, Biology, Fine Art and Mathematics for my A-level. A-level art is very demanding and difficult to achieve a high grade.I spent around 5 hours everyday for art course and in the weekends, I locked up myself in the room for 12~14hrs just to finish the portfolios. I couldn't even have time to study for other subjects and only attended classes for other A-level subjects. In the end, I ended up getting 100% for Art and Mathematics but got As for Biology and Chemistry. I strongly recommend you to take A-level Art if you are planning to apply to art schools. ( I am currently getting a degree in Biochemistry and Cell Biology and Chemistry and I definitely regret taking art)

Quick Reply

Latest