The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Topazgirl
Hey, im guna be in Flat 5, Room 2. Don't suppose you cud tell me which floor thats on/how many are in the flat if you know that. I do know its mixed sex tho but thats about it! My bf was in QHC last year as well but he doesnt kno so he's a bit useless lol

You won't be on the ground floor, but QHC isn't like a big tower block of flats, its kind of spread around like a bit of a courtyard so you won't have many stairs to climb. There's 6 people in each flat and you get a big kitchen to share between the 6 of you. I think they are being refurbished as well so should be really nice.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
All my friends going to other universities have already been allocated accommodation even though they have conditional offers. How does that work? It's sooo annoying that bham has to be different but I'd have thought this is the only logical way of doing it. How can universities offer rooms to people if they don't even have a confirmed place yet?

I know someone who's even been asked for a deposit before results day.. that's crazy!
Reply 22
I'm at Elgar Court! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: Flat 8! Can't wait til September 22nd now!
MissSurfer
All my friends going to other universities have already been allocated accommodation even though they have conditional offers. How does that work? It's sooo annoying that bham has to be different but I'd have thought this is the only logical way of doing it. How can universities offer rooms to people if they don't even have a confirmed place yet?

I know someone who's even been asked for a deposit before results day.. that's crazy!

I'm surprised to hear that actually, like you say I imagine Uni's wouldn't want to allocate rooms unless they're sure that the student will definitely be attending, i.e. before results day. So yeah as frustrating as it is for fresher's this way makes the most sense.

On the bright side. I remember getting my accommodation pack the day I went to Reading Fest last year so only about 10 days after my results. It comes in a great hefty envelope too with loads of leaflets and stuff that makes you feel like a real student. All super exciting :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending