Scroll to see replies

Woohoo, thread should be stuck next week :biggrin:
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Daughter got a reduced offer of bcc for animal behaviour about an hour ago. 😃
Hii ! I'm applying for Sport and Exercise Science and currently I'm studying A-Level psychology, politics, and pe. My predicted grades are ABB, is anyone else looking at this course? :smile:
Hi I'm applying for History and Archaeology :smile:
Reply 5
@University of Chester

Hi :smile: quick question as my daughters really struggling to pick between youselves and another uni, so shes asked me to ask if you know. when picking accommodation, how does it work? She likes 2 accommodations (grovesnor and tudor) and not so keen on the others. Can you have like a minimum amount of choices? or do you have to choose a lot more than that?
Original post by Ghostlady
@University of Chester

Hi :smile: quick question as my daughters really struggling to pick between youselves and another uni, so shes asked me to ask if you know. when picking accommodation, how does it work? She likes 2 accommodations (grovesnor and tudor) and not so keen on the others. Can you have like a minimum amount of choices? or do you have to choose a lot more than that?

Hello @Ghostlady :smile:

Our accommodation team have asked us to pass along the following information to help answer your query:

As part of the application process, students must list by preference the accommodation options they are interested in (for example self-catered standard, self-catered en-suite, full-board en-suite, studio, partnership), with number 1 being their preferred choice. There are also various other questions to answer, which then help us to identify which residence we think would most suit their needs but bearing in mind that some residences will be more oversubscribed than others.

Further information regarding the application process will be sent closer to the time, however should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact our colleagues within the Accommodation Office on either; [email protected] or 01244 5123000.

We hope this helps, don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions!

Best wishes,
Becky
Reply 7
Original post by University of Chester
Hello @Ghostlady :smile:

Our accommodation team have asked us to pass along the following information to help answer your query:

As part of the application process, students must list by preference the accommodation options they are interested in (for example self-catered standard, self-catered en-suite, full-board en-suite, studio, partnership), with number 1 being their preferred choice. There are also various other questions to answer, which then help us to identify which residence we think would most suit their needs but bearing in mind that some residences will be more oversubscribed than others.

Further information regarding the application process will be sent closer to the time, however should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact our colleagues within the Accommodation Office on either; [email protected] or 01244 5123000.

We hope this helps, don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any further questions!

Best wishes,
Becky

Thanks Becky, Ive emailed the uni as we need more info.

Ideally she wants Tudor place (up to gold), Grosvenor or abbey gate, thats it. She doesnt want any of the others. So if the preferences are like too vague, she doesnt want to be put in somewhere shes visited but doesnt like. This is the trouble that we have because its really a choice between Chester and Reading and for Chester the accommodation was the tipping factor providing she goes into the right accommodation and not put somewhere she doesnt get on with.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by georginakeen_
Hii ! I'm applying for Sport and Exercise Science and currently I'm studying A-Level psychology, politics, and pe. My predicted grades are ABB, is anyone else looking at this course? :smile:

Update: I got an offer :smile:
Reply 9
@University of Chester
Can I ask how long it normally takes to get a reply? I applied this January and normally I’m not impatient, however if the reply takes too long I’d have to accept another school to start this may because I don’t want to be left stranded . How long should I be expecting? A few months??? I applied online by the way.
I hope to hear from you soon😄😄😄
Original post by Mmdee
@University of Chester
Can I ask how long it normally takes to get a reply? I applied this January and normally I’m not impatient, however if the reply takes too long I’d have to accept another school to start this may because I don’t want to be left stranded . How long should I be expecting? A few months??? I applied online by the way.
I hope to hear from you soon😄😄😄

Hi @Mmdee

It's great to hear that you have applied to study with us! :smile:

We have sent you a private message requesting a little more information so that we can look into this for you.

Best wishes,
Becky
Original post by Ghostlady
university-of-chester-10007848-universities-reviews-rank-study-uk.jpg
Hi Everyone
To start this off:

What course are you applying for?:
What subjects are you currently studying?:
Predicted A level grades:
GCSE grades:
What other universities are you applying to?:
Why Chester?:
What have you done strengthen your application (extracurriculars)?:

Course: English literature (including foundation year)
Predicted A-Level grades: CDD (I think)
GCSE grades: Mainly B/C grades
Manchester is my insurance choice
Reply 12
hi! my name is isa, i'm an international student from the usa, and i applied to chester for history!! anyone else apply for the same?
Reply 13
Original post by ell.ads1
Hi I'm applying for History and Archaeology :smile:

Hi!! I applied for History, but I heavily considered applying for History & Archaeology :smile: Have you heard anything back yet?
Hey!
I'm currently a BSc Biology student from Germany but want to start a BSc Zoology degree in September :smile:
Is it normal that I haven't recieved an email confirming the UoC got my application? Or do they not send out confirmation emails?
Reply 15
Original post by AtropaBelladonna
Hey!
I'm currently a BSc Biology student from Germany but want to start a BSc Zoology degree in September :smile:
Is it normal that I haven't recieved an email confirming the UoC got my application? Or do they not send out confirmation emails?

When did you apply?
Original post by Mmdee
When did you apply?

I applied via UCAS on the 24th of January. I heard back/got confirmation emails from all my other choices, but the UoC is the only one I haven't heard back from yet. I assume that isn't normal? 😅
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 17
I applied via UCAS on the 24th of January. I heard back/got confirmation emails from all my other choices, but the UoC is the only one I haven't heard back from yet. I assume that isn't normal? 😅

Oh we applied on the same day😁. personally, I can tell you that I got a confirmation email almost immediately after. However I applied directly so I don’t know if it’s due to that. One thing you can do is reach out to them just to confirm all is well for the sake of your peace of mind.

Hi there! :smile:

Are you applying as a Home student? Could you please DM us on here with your details so we can look into this for you? :smile:

Hopefully we can help!

Best wishes,
Grace
Reply 19
Original post by University of Chester
Hi there! :smile:

Are you applying as a Home student? Could you please DM us on here with your details so we can look into this for you? :smile:

Hopefully we can help!

Best wishes,
Grace

Hi! I’m in the exact same boat: sent my application on the 24th of January and never received a confirmation email. I emailed both the international team and the admissions team but haven’t heard back yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending