The Student Room Group
nagahghghaghaHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 2
I thought everyone left year 13 being 18 or over....did you miss a year of school or something? Try Barclays, they're friendly.
Reply 3
Just get a young persons account at any bank and upgrade it to a student account once you're 18. You'll probably miss out on a lot of the student freebies but i'm not sure it can really be helped but on the plus side you will probably be able to do a lot of underage drinking :smile:
i thought hsbc will give you a student account but not activate the overdraft until your 18th birthday....hence still getting the freebies?

actually thinking about this now...i had the same problem myself and natwest said they'd do what i said above...but as it turned out i didnt get confirmation till way after my 18th birthday....

love Katy ***
Reply 5
:frown: none of them will give me one. i have to stay with my young persons account. i skipped a year yes. crappy now. no free 5 year railcard for me.
Reply 6
Why not leave it 'til October then? Or do you have to apply before the course commences?
Reply 7
im getting my student loan sent to my normal under 19's account - can i get a student account when i got to uni, or do the funds have to go into a student account?
Reply 8
Quiksilver
im getting my student loan sent to my normal under 19's account - can i get a student account when i got to uni, or do the funds have to go into a student account?

They can go into any account as far as I'm aware.

Latest

Trending

Trending