The Student Room Group

Opening a Student Account

I already have a bank account currently open with halifax but I was looking to open a student account and Santander have some perks I like. Can I have my student account be a different bank to my current?
Reply 1
Original post by lovezeppeli
I already have a bank account currently open with halifax but I was looking to open a student account and Santander have some perks I like. Can I have my student account be a different bank to my current?

Hello there, Yes, you can absolutely open a student account with a different bank, like Santander, even if you already have a bank account with Halifax. Having multiple accounts with different banks is common and allowed. It's essential to review the terms and conditions of both accounts to ensure you understand any potential fees or limitations, but having accounts with different banks can offer you more options and benefits
Original post by lovezeppeli

Yes you can. You need to wait until you have an unconditional firm place at a uni so that you can provide proof to the bank that you will be a student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending