The Student Room Group

Bank account for student finance?

I don't yet have a bank account and was going to wait until I get a confirmed university place after results day to get a student bank account. However, the student finance application deadline is 19/05/23 so I will have to apply and provide my bank details before then. Should I create a normal bank account and apply with this, then change the bank details after I create a student account?
Original post by nightfruit
I don't yet have a bank account and was going to wait until I get a confirmed university place after results day to get a student bank account. However, the student finance application deadline is 19/05/23 so I will have to apply and provide my bank details before then. Should I create a normal bank account and apply with this, then change the bank details after I create a student account?

You can leave the bank details empty until you open a student bank account. You can open a student bank account once your uni place is confirmed after results day.
Original post by normaw
You can leave the bank details empty until you open a student bank account. You can open a student bank account once your uni place is confirmed after results day.

Okay thanks so much!
Original post by normaw

I have had a letter from SFE telling me I need to open an account now 'because of the time that it can take' - should I just ignore this?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending