The Student Room Group

Changing student bank account

Hi, I have a under 19's back account with Lloyd's, which is the one the student finance will make the payment into. I was wondering what if I upgrade this account into a current account ( classic current account with Lloyds) and have a saving account in it too and then have a separate student account with a different bank and change the bank details on my SFE account?
Is it possible to have a saving account at 18 and possible to transfer money from your student account into the saving account too? and do I have to keep the under 19's account until I am 19 or can i upgrade now at 18 too?
Original post by lx kaur
Hi, I have a under 19's back account with Lloyd's, which is the one the student finance will make the payment into. I was wondering what if I upgrade this account into a current account ( classic current account with Lloyds) and have a saving account in it too and then have a separate student account with a different bank and change the bank details on my SFE account?
Is it possible to have a saving account at 18 and possible to transfer money from your student account into the saving account too? and do I have to keep the under 19's account until I am 19 or can i upgrade now at 18 too?

You can have as many bank and savings accounts as you wish. Just pick one of your current accounts to have your maintenance loan paid in to and then you can make transfers to your other accounts.

It's easy to change bank details on your student finance account.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
You can have as many bank and savings accounts as you wish. Just pick one of your current accounts to have your maintenance loan paid in to and then you can make transfers to your other accounts.

It's easy to change bank details on your student finance account.

Which bank is the best to go with for student account?
Original post by lx kaur
Which bank is the best to go with for student account?

It depends on the level of overdraft or the incentive you prefer (cash, railcard, etc.). In terms of service/reliability, they are all high street banks with similar service reputations. Have a look at this article:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/student-bank-account/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending