Charlienewman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've just got my results for my A2 business studies exams and I got 80/80 for BUSS3 but it says that I got an A for that. Then for BUSS4 I got 76/80 and it's only been put as a B.

I looked at the grade boundaries that AQA tweeted and it says that I needed 54/80 in BUSS3 to get an A* and 61/80 in BUSS4 to get an A*.

Can someone please tell me if I've read it wrong or if there's been a mistake in what grades they've put down for the individual exam papers?
LPauling
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Charlienewman)
I've just got my results for my A2 business studies exams and I got 80/80 for BUSS3 but it says that I got an A for that. Then for BUSS4 I got 76/80 and it's only been put as a B.

I looked at the grade boundaries that AQA tweeted and it says that I needed 54/80 in BUSS3 to get an A* and 61/80 in BUSS4 to get an A*.

Can someone please tell me if I've read it wrong or if there's been a mistake in what grades they've put down for the individual exam papers?
Speak to your teacher I agree that does seem incorrect
Ryan_MUFC
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Rather than raw marks, is it possible that 80 and 76 are maybe your UMS marks? Because 80 UMS is an A, and 76 is a B. I don't know if it's the same for you, but our college gives us the UMS marks on the results sheet.
rainbowcolours1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If these marks are from your results sheet then it is displayed as UMS marks and not raw marks
rainbowcolours1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have just converted these UMS marks into Raw marks for you.

For BUSS3 you have 80/100 UMS marks. This equates to 49/80 raw marks which is a borderline A grade.

For BUSS4 you have 76/100 UMS marks. This equates to 51/80 raw marks which is a B grade.

Please use this web link for further details on UMS to raw mark conversion: http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administ.../ums-converter
_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by _howl)
You need an A at AS to get an A* overall. What was your AS grade?
You don't - you need an A OVERALL and above 90% at A2.

That is, someone can get a B at AS and still get A* at A2 (the final grade).

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (227)
61.02%
No (77)
20.7%
Not sure (68)
18.28%

Watched Threads