The Student Room Group

UCAS predictions

I am studying History Politics and Psychology and I have just done Year 12 Mocks, where I got AAB (NO A* ALLOWED IN YEAR 12)
I was wondering what predictions I would be likely to recieve before year 13 mocks - I have consistently achieved A-A* in politics throughout Year 12, A in history and have fluctuated between a B and an A in psychology

thank you :smile:
(edited 10 months ago)
The only people who can answer this are your teachers.
Each teacher/college has their own process for deciding on predicted grades.
Yeah it depends on your school some do ur predicted as ur mock grades others go +1 from ur mock grades and the rest use alternate formulas u just gotta ask ur tutor or someone at school and see how they do it

Original post by 3vieb
I am studying History Politics and Psychology and I have just done Year 12 Mocks, where I got AAB (NO A* ALLOWED IN YEAR 12)
I was wondering what predictions I would be likely to recieve before year 13 mocks - I have consistently achieved A-A* in politics throughout Year 12, A in history and have fluctuated between a B and an A in psychology

thank you :smile:
Reply 3
Every college will decide in their own way some decide purely off your Year 12 end of year exams (whether they’re mocks or AS exams), some will decide purely on your work through the year, some will decide using a combination of both.

And whether your A at AS level becomes a predicted A* at A2 will often depend on the ‘strength’ of the As you’re receiving. eg I was a straight A student through AS levels and was often getting full marks in class & close to full marks in exams/my AS results so was predicted A*s in all subjects, but if I had been getting closer to the minimum marks for an A then it’s unlikely my teachers would have boosted me to an A* predicted at A2.

It’s always worth asking your teachers what they’re planning on predicting you/how they decide, and seeing if there’s any way you can improve if you’re unhappy with it!

Quick Reply

Latest