The Student Room Group

A-level subject registration

Hello guys, I am an international student who is doing International A-levels. I did my AS separately in these variants ( 12,22,33) and now I want to book my A2. The problem is that I relocated to the UK where there is no code 85 ( which refers to combining my AS marks with the A2 marks to give me the full A-level mark).
I would appreciate it if someone who faced this problem and found a solution for it guided me to that solution. Thanks!
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Tito.
Hello guys, I am an international student and I did my AS separately in these variants ( 12,22,33) and now I want to book my A2. The problem is that I relocated to the UK where there is no code 85 ( which refers to combining my AS marks with the A2 marks to give me the full A-level mark).
I would appreciate it if someone who faced this problem and found a solution for it guided me to that solution. Thanks!

In the UK, A2 papers are the only ones that count towards your A-level grade. AS is a separate qualification.
Reply 2
Original post by flowersinmyhair
In the UK, A2 papers are the only ones that count towards your A-level grade. AS is a separate qualification.

I am a private candidate and not in a school, so does that still apply to me? If so, does this mean that I dont have to worry about registering for the code that combines the AS and A2 marks. Note that this is for International A-levels.
Original post by Tito.
I am a private candidate and not in a school, so does that still apply to me? If so, does this mean that I dont have to worry about registering for the code that combines the AS and A2 marks. Note that this is for International A-levels.

If you do international A-levels you may be able to. It isn't really my area of expertise, but if you do A-levels in a sixth form (not privately) the courses are linear.
Reply 4
Original post by flowersinmyhair
If you do international A-levels you may be able to. It isn't really my area of expertise, but if you do A-levels in a sixth form (not privately) the courses are linear.

thanks anyways

Quick Reply

Latest