The Student Room Group

Sitting for Alevels as a Private Candidate HELP

hi everyone ! i’m sitting for my alevels in May/June this year as a private candidate. I sat for my AS on Nov/Dec and i didn’t do as well (i went through a lot of grief during this time). My problem now is that to register as a private candidate for my A2 (and resitting my AS) i need to send in my last AS results in.
I’m just worried that if i get really bad marks in my AS they won’t approve me to sit for my A2 as a private candidate?

Is this something I should be worried about ? Can they reject me as a private candidate based on my AS marks (i’ve got 1E and 2U)?
Original post by pirate crab
hi everyone ! i’m sitting for my alevels in May/June this year as a private candidate. I sat for my AS on Nov/Dec and i didn’t do as well (i went through a lot of grief during this time). My problem now is that to register as a private candidate for my A2 (and resitting my AS) i need to send in my last AS results in.
I’m just worried that if i get really bad marks in my AS they won’t approve me to sit for my A2 as a private candidate?

Is this something I should be worried about ? Can they reject me as a private candidate based on my AS marks (i’ve got 1E and 2U)?

As far as I know the exam centres don't reject your application just because of yoru AS marks. I think teachers do that.

The exam centre is only interested in administering your exams under exam conditions and you do everything as required.
As far as I know, they don't even look at your previous results. However, I can be wrong for systems that still use AS and A2s.

Quick Reply

Latest