The Student Room Group

Reapplying for same course

Ive been accepted onto a course at Warwick but would like to apply to LSE and UCL instead so have decided to withdraw my offer from Warwick...When I re-apply next year, I plan to re-apply for the same course at warwick as a safety net in case LSE/UCL don't accept me...Now that I have the grades confirmed and have already been accepted this year, will I be guaranteed to get the offer from warwick again???
Original post by Dougall-10
Ive been accepted onto a course at Warwick but would like to apply to LSE and UCL instead so have decided to withdraw my offer from Warwick...When I re-apply next year, I plan to re-apply for the same course at warwick as a safety net in case LSE/UCL don't accept me...Now that I have the grades confirmed and have already been accepted this year, will I be guaranteed to get the offer from warwick again???

You won't be guaranteed the offer again. You will have to apply, go through interviews and everything. However, you have done it once, so you can probably do it again. But it's not guaranteed :nah:

No.

They will review your application in the next cycle (you would have to withdraw) independently so there is no guarantee. If, however, you have met all their conditions then it is most probably that you'll be able to make a reasonably strong application.
Reply 3
Original post by Nirgilis
You won't be guaranteed the offer again. You will have to apply, go through interviews and everything. However, you have done it once, so you can probably do it again. But it's not guaranteed :nah:

For this specific course, there is no interview process, just entry requirements which I have now met...does this make any difference? (Thanks for extremely fast reply!!)
For this specific course, there is no interview process, just entry requirements which I have now met...does this make any difference? (Thanks for extremely fast reply!!)

Have you tried asking them?

As PQ said above, you could ask them. But if you've met every requirement, I don't see why they wouldn't give you an offer again :yep:
Reply 6
Original post by PQ
Have you tried asking them?

I'll be honest I haven't....didn't want to jeopardise my offer for this year by explaining I want to apply somewhere else!
I'll be honest I haven't....didn't want to jeopardise my offer for this year by explaining I want to apply somewhere else!

They aren't likely to give a **** - if you explain that you're taking a gap year and would like to reapply to them with your other choices next year and ask the likelihood of an offer there's no reason for them to lie to you.

It's very common for people to reapply during a gap year.
Reply 8
Appreciate all the help!!!!

No guarantees about anything. It's highly likely you will get an offer if you have had one this year, but there may be other factors next year which may mean they aren't interested, and no one can foresee that.

Quick Reply

Latest