The Student Room Group

URGENT remark help!

I am currently 2 UMS (1 raw) mark away from an A* in economics.
I have A*AA this year and I have made my firm offer for AAA at Bristol for medicine. Is it a wise idea to remark to try and get the A* in economics? If it goes up my 1 mark, I will have an A*, but if it goes down by 32 marks, I will have a B. Bristol have said, If I get a B after remark, I will not have my offer anymore!

Is it worth the risk!?
Just leave it !
As you've already achieved your required grades and as you'd put your place/offer at risk...I don't think you should get it remarked.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why would it go down 35 marks anyway?
Cost of remark for benefit gained.

Considering you already have your place I wouldnt bother, but its your money.

This is why they changed the rules to stop people constantly using it for a second bute at the cherry and reserving it only for situations of genuine error.

Chance of ganing one mark small, chance of losing 32 marks even smaller.

Its your choice.
(edited 7 years ago)
Since you already have your offer I would advise against it, however it is very unlikely it would go down by 32 marks. At the end of the day it is completely up to you, if you want to risk it then you would only have yourself to blame.
I would do it. It is possible that it goes up by 1 mark. It is (virtually) impossible for you to drop 32 marks. Most likely you will get the same, but it is possible that it goes up or down by very few marks, which is enough for you. Otherwise you would be like "What if".... It's a matter of pride, having an A*, even for the same uni feels great.
Go down 32 marks , i legit thought this was satirical

Quick Reply

Latest