The Student Room Group

do i have to retake history coursework as well? URGENT

hi so i was thinking of retaking history aqa a level because i got a C and it is restricting my uni choices. do i have to retake coursework as well or can i just retake the exam papers?
Yes most likely but this could help your grade, is it worth getting your history remarked
Original post by Jasmine2007
Yes most likely but this could help your grade, is it worth getting your history remarked

agh i don't think so cuz coursework was extremely hard to do and i got a decent grade on it. i did remark it but it didn't go up :frown:
I found coursework hard got a low c 27/40 on it , but a high B overall, I don't think you can reubmit the same piece could be wrong but good luck
I found coursework hard got a low c 27/40 on it , but a high B overall, I don't think you can reubmit the same piece could be wrong but good luck

yeah it was rlly hard, any idea on how i could find out if i have to retake it too or not
I've found something online

If you fail or want to improve your grade now, you'll now need to resit the whole A Level exam the following May/June. However, it is possible to carry forward your coursework mark from your previous attempt, so you don't have to redo it.

so I think it depends on exam board
I've found something online

If you fail or want to improve your grade now, you'll now need to resit the whole A Level exam the following May/June. However, it is possible to carry forward your coursework mark from your previous attempt, so you don't have to redo it.

so I think it depends on exam board

thank you for the response! :smile: reckon i should ask colleges or centres ?? i hope i don't have to retake it lol
Reply 7
Original post by hpphphpphpphphp
hi so i was thinking of retaking history aqa a level because i got a C and it is restricting my uni choices. do i have to retake coursework as well or can i just retake the exam papers?

you're allowed to carry forward your coursework and only sit the examination component, just like if you retook a science subject you can carry forward the practical endorsement if you passed and just sit the exams :smile: good luck !!
Original post by aliaa03
you're allowed to carry forward your coursework and only sit the examination component, just like if you retook a science subject you can carry forward the practical endorsement if you passed and just sit the exams :smile: good luck !!

thank you!! that definitely makes me feel better :smile:
thank you!! that definitely makes me feel better :smile:

what were your other grades , you might be able to get on good course through clearing
what were your other grades , you might be able to get on good course through clearing

I got A in sociology and an A in English lit, but I would like to get into Russel group unis but the C is really holding me back!
I got A in sociology and an A in English lit, but I would like to get into Russel group unis but the C is really holding me back!

I think you can easily find course cos many look for ABB-BBC equivalent
I think you can easily find course cos many look for ABB-BBC equivalent

true but I think it's a little late now since I was applying for a law course which is competitive :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest