The Student Room Group

Need advice urgently

don’t know what to do at all I genuinely feel like I’ve failed as a person.

I’m an A* student predicyed a*a*a to get a*ad in the real thing 😭 the D I genuinely believe isn’t fair so I’ve sent it for remark and I feel stupid when I explain to people that I KNOW I did not get a D

My firm choice uni declined me but I got into my insurance but don’t wanna go there so I rejected it and found a place at royal Holloway in clearing but I’m being honest I don’t think I’d like being there it’s in the middle of nowhere in a small village in surrey and not diverse (I’m black and Muslim)
I also don’t want to resit , my home life is not the best and has impacted my mental health so I genuinely do not know what to do other than wait for the remark , I feel so alone and depressed genuinely what do I do :frown: if anyone has any advice that would be appreciated
I'm so sorry. Please try to remember that academics aren't the be all and end all of life -- whenever I've spent some time away from school, eg. programming during the summer, it helps me keep perspective and realise that not doing school is viable. You could take a gap year and reapply, and you could have a fun gap year doing work experience, which would be an excuse to be away from home -- if you could find the funding. I really hope it's okay, sending my very best wishes
Reply 2
for future reference, please use the title to describe WHAT advice you need so that people can better assist you

especially since this does not sound like a particularly urgent situation and you definitely have time to weigh up your options and take your pick

- RH is still a good university. what are you studying?
- do you really want to spend another year wait to reapply? if so, you;ll want a plan like #1 said
- how good was your firm choice in comparison?
- egham is kind of expensive, but it's not exactly a small village and no matter where students go, they always have fun
- you could look for another university in clearing if not

Quick Reply

Latest