The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
blonde is nice...and i do know people who are naturaly peroxide...but you need to have the complexion to go with it!!

michelle of BB is too oompa-loompa-ish as well
Reply 21
I actually took the title of this thread the wrong way before I read it. Maybe I just have a sick mind.
Reply 22
musicman
I actually took the title of this thread the wrong way before I read it. Maybe I just have a sick mind.

:confused: how did you read it???? :confused:
musicman

masochist!! :tongue:
Reply 24
erm.....tanned as in spanked !
Reply 25
i am chuffed with my tan at the moment. i don't tan that much but i have a really healthy colour at the moment and my legs aren't nasty pasty pale.

do many people get natural highlights in their hair, cos mine just stays really dark no matter how sunny it is.

lou xxx
Reply 26
musicman
erm.....tanned as in spanked !

ohhhhh *lightbulb* i'm very innocent u c, i wouldn't know of such practices :rolleyes:
Reply 27
SamTheMan
What do you think looks best?

I think that excessively tanned girls look bad, especially when they grow older. At 35, they look like they're almost 50. Eriksson's Italian wife looks almost scary because of her tan.
So for me, it would be just a light tan. A light tan is definitely better than looking so pale you're ill but that's it.
given the sharp rise in skin cancers in people with 'pale tans', and the published finding that many sun lotions are as much as 80% lower than the SPF they state, I would prefer bottle white to melanoma/carcinoma!
Reply 28
Fluffy
given the sharp rise in skin cancers in people with 'pale tans', and the published finding that many sun lotions are as much as 80% lower than the SPF they state, I would prefer bottle white to melanoma/carcinoma!
I had melanoma. At least I think I did. Got a beauty spot (I have quite a few, but not that many on my back and chest) that changed colour and had to get it cut out. It wasn't particularly painful but I couldn't go in the sun.
That's the trouble about having pale skin and spending hot summers on beaches.

It seems that people here aren't too obsessed with tans. I started the thread because I just don't understand people who have an obsession and end up thinking the greater the tan, the hotter you are. I totally disagree. There is such a thing as being too tanned (when you're white of course).
It seems that in mediterranean countries they think like that though: I have Spanish schoolfriends who used to think that they were hot because they had a natural tan or tanned easily.
Then again, a lot of girls there think that a man with a chest looking like a gorilla's is sexy too... :confused:
I love tanned men, but I hate the orange fake tan urghh. A natural one, that makes the skin look abit brown, is lovely. :smile:
Reply 30
BlueAngel
I love tanned men, but I hate the orange fake tan urghh. A natural one, that makes the skin look abit brown, is lovely. :smile:

no luck for me then. I rarely get anything more than a light to medium tan.
SamTheMan
no luck for me then. I rarely get anything more than a light to medium tan.

awww SamTheMan I like you, thats why I gave you rep just now :smile: Anyway a light/medium tan is the best, like I said I hate too much tan.
Reply 32
me!
*doesn't tan*

*is offended by thread* :rolleyes: :tongue:

Heh yep, I don't tan either - am naturally very pale (curse the red head gene on my dad's side!) with very dark eyes and hair. Have tried every fake tan product around, but all of them go orange, even St Tropez. So I guess I'll just have to put up with being ghostly white forever :frown:
Reply 33
BlueAngel
awww SamTheMan I like you, thats why I gave you rep just now :smile: Anyway a light/medium tan is the best, like I said I hate too much tan.

Thanks BlueAngel! It's nice to get positive rep after being neg repped several times by tinykates (she's jealous because she isn't on my good list). Indeed she isn't as nice as you. :tongue:
Reply 34
I'm naturally fairly pale and I look a million times better with a slight tan, but too many girls do seem to get carried away with the bronzer and just end up looking like they've been tangoed. I usually use St Tropez if I've got a party or something coming up or if I just want to make myself feel a better, it works fantastically on my skin and doesn't look OTT. My natural hair colour is quite mousy and boring so I colour my hair (golden blonde, not bleached blonde!) all year round but it does tend to go even lighter in the sun. However, none of the above makes me a scally :tongue: What bugs me is girls who dye their hair really blonde when their skin tone just can't take it, it looks terrible!
Reply 35
me!
*doesn't tan*

*is offended by thread* :rolleyes: :tongue:

Agreed the only colour i ever go is red. Last time i tried a St Tropez tan it peeled!!! Was gutted it was my leavers dance :frown:
I don't like to be that much tanned at all because everyone is tanend and I like to be different, plus I don't mind being that pale at all, since I used to be.
I have a slight tan because I'm from Brunei where it's always hot, but I'm probably 'pale' by local standards. In the UK I'll look permanently tanned though!

My sister's natural skin colour is gorgeous. We're Chinese, and my entire family are natural fair skinned.. but my sister is bronze! It's a beautiful browny bronzey glowy colour..... people used to make horrible jokes about her (coz' the society here prefers fair skin :s-smilie:) but the expatriates here love it.
Reply 38
lou p
i am chuffed with my tan at the moment. i don't tan that much but i have a really healthy colour at the moment and my legs aren't nasty pasty pale.

do many people get natural highlights in their hair, cos mine just stays really dark no matter how sunny it is.

lou xxx

my hair goes lighter have you tried helping your along with lemon juice, either fresh or the stuff you get for pancakes not squash put it on hair in sections sit in sun (aply suncream so you dont burn) hair will dryout and feel horrible but egnoe rinse and it sholud appear lighter repeat lots for better effect

Latest

Trending

Trending