The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SM-
I have no idea but it should be a decent amount. The rest of the question wasn't too hard. What did your sketches look like? I did mines quickly so probably wrong.

I checked mine on a grapical calculator. They kind of looked like upside down hearts. Don't know if that makes any sense. You could always check them on Desmos.
Original post by sofiaslifeisover
I checked mine on a grapical calculator. They kind of looked like upside down hearts. Don't know if that makes any sense. You could always check them on Desmos.

Also, was it just me or was the applied section horrible this year?
Reply 1582

Think I got that right then. What questions did you do and did you get any fully?
I'll check in later once the paper is up to give my thoughts, assuming I have the time to look properly (I still haven't looked at STEP II other than one question!). Sorry to those who found the paper hard - if enough did, the grade boundaries will come down, so try not to panic.
Original post by SM-
Think I got that right then. What questions did you do and did you get any fully?

Spoiler

Reply 1585
I'll try and pdf-ify and upload the paper in a bit, when I'm less busy.
Original post by shamika
I'll check in later once the paper is up to give my thoughts, assuming I have the time to look properly (I still haven't looked at STEP II other than one question!). Sorry to those who found the paper hard - if enough did, the grade boundaries will come down, so try not to panic.

Panic is my middle name... but I think it is justified in this case?
Reply 1587

Spoiler

1: Full
3: was this the quartic? I got 1-i, 1+i, -1+2i, -1-2i
6: pretty much full apart from the 1-root2 bit
7 elipse question: poor attempt tbh, tried to get the first equation but I got the last two terms but got something completely different for the first, then did little bits of the rest
8: Did first half didn't do ii at all
And I did the polar coordinate question same amount as you
Original post by SM-
1: Full
3: was this the quartic? I got 1-i, 1+i, -1+2i, -1-2i
6: pretty much full apart from the 1-root2 bit
7 elipse question: poor attempt tbh, tried to get the first equation but I got the last two terms but got something completely different for the first, then did little bits of the rest
8: Did first half didn't do ii at all
And I did the polar coordinate question same amount as you

oops meant question 6 rather than 3 as complete. TBH the whole paper was too traumatic to remember question numbers...
Original post by SM-
I have no idea but it should be a decent amount. The rest of the question wasn't too hard. What did your sketches look like? I did mines quickly so probably wrong.

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 14.42.57.png

I reckon.

Also, was it just me or was the applied section horrible this year?

Dunno about mechanics but I thought the stats questions were surprisingly easy (especially compared to II).
Reply 1590
oops meant question 6 rather than 3 as complete. TBH the whole paper was too traumatic to remember question numbers...

How did you do the last thing on question 6? And how many marks you reckon
Reply 1591
Original post by poonslayer9000

I reckon.

Looks right to me
Reply 1592
For the quartic did anyone get alhpaxbeta = 5 but for the final solutions i got weird answers with like sqrt15i
Original post by SM-
How did you do the last thing on question 6? And how many marks you reckon

I think the worst case scenario is 65 for a 1. I don't know if I got this... I feel like I may have mad some slips because I was stressed. I did the root2 -1 bit by considering the reciprocal which is root2 + 1 and it just worked in the equations luckily.
Reply 1594
for q8 did anone get p=-n/4 and q=n+1/4 or something i cant remember exactly
Reply 1595
I got all of the polar equation question except for what f(theta) was cos i had to divide by zero or something so i got the first two ketches but not the last one
Reply 1596
Who has the paper?
Original post by 11234
I got all of the polar equation question except for what f(theta) was cos i had to divide by zero or something so i got the first two ketches but not the last one

Same. What questions did you do?
Original post by 11234

Same. What questions did you do? Also how did you do the series question. I tried a_m=m but that didn't seem to work then I thought of differentiation which I gave up on quickly. I also thought I'd proof by induction but that seemed hard considering I didn't but know p and q.
Reply 1599
Same. What questions did you do?

I got q 1, the integral one with Tinfinity, q8 and the quartic one in full. But seeing other answers i think i messed up on the last bit of the quartic. I got the polar eqn one apart from f(theta) and like bits of some random question

Latest

Trending

Trending