The Student Room Group
trouttrout
have claimed today as my samsund d900 aint working no more after that load of rain i got caught in last week. My insurance policy covers accidental damage, and i looked at teh exclusions and rain damage wasn't one of them... but do you think I'll get a new phone?

And do they always try to screw you over, and it's just a matter of keeping onto them?

you say rain damage isn't in the exclusions... if you read it it should say something about water damage in general which would be classed as rain damage.

when they take your phone in to have it looked at they will do some checks on it (not entirely sure what they are) to see if its had any water damage. if this is the case then you may have to pay extra to have it fixed because most insurance policies don't cover water damage.
Reply 2
Only thing I could find in reguards of water damage, was if it was on a boat which was less than 3 metres long, or if left on top of a car or similar things. I have told them it was tucked away inside my coat.. I think I may have to apy an excess of £25 because it's not a mechanical fault with the phone itself. At elast that's what I hope!

Hate having no phone!
Reply 3
There is usually an excess charge, i've had to claim twice with O2 insurance, but apart from that it should be fine. Mine had water damage and they just replaced it.
trouttrout
have claimed today as my samsund d900 aint working no more after that load of rain i got caught in last week. My insurance policy covers accidental damage, and i looked at teh exclusions and rain damage wasn't one of them... but do you think I'll get a new phone?

And do they always try to screw you over, and it's just a matter of keeping onto them?

If water damage isn't in the exclusions, they should cover it. You'll probably have to pay excess though.

It'll depend on the damage as to whether they will fix it or replace it - depends what's cheapest for them. Make sure you back up all of your contacts, texts etc. (if the phone still is accessible!).
Reply 5
theArchitect
If water damage isn't in the exclusions, they should cover it. You'll probably have to pay excess though.

It'll depend on the damage as to whether they will fix it or replace it - depends what's cheapest for them. Make sure you back up all of your contacts, texts etc. (if the phone still is accessible!).

That's the thing, ive not backed up me contacts, which are saved to the phone, and ive lost ema ll. phone doesnt even tunr on. I hope they cant fix it and gime a diff fone all togetha. d900 is crap!
Reply 6
I work for a mobile phone company in insurance (won't say which) :p:.

I know that if you have our insurance, we won't try and repair water damage, but do a straight replacement. And the d900 is discontinued in my company, so it may well be on o2, they will have different stock to stores and head office, so you never know.

And you will have to pay excess, not sure how much, but it will be in the terms and conditions.

If you have phoned them up and they said they need to send you a claim form, I think that means you have been declined, and if that happens you can appeal the decision, and it may or may not be overturned.
Reply 7
Just got back from work:

Found out that o2 don't try and repair phones, so I assume that if your damage claim is successful it will be replaced.
trouttrout
That's the thing, ive not backed up me contacts, which are saved to the phone, and ive lost ema ll. phone doesnt even tunr on. I hope they cant fix it and gime a diff fone all togetha. d900 is crap!

My mum washed my old phone a couple of years ago (decided to wash my jeans, which I had hung over the chair in my room to wear the next day, without checking the pockets). Anyway I just dried the whole phone and although the phone never worked the sim card worked fine in other phones and I still use it even now cause it has all my numbers on it!
Reply 9
Ha! Our O2 shop here send phones into us for Repair (Carphonewarehouse)

We'll not touch anything with water damage. However, our MOST BASIC insurance will see a water damage phone replaced. Excess £10 on P&G.
Reply 10
Metropolitan
The Samsung D900 has become notorious for returns, it is a nice phone but the LCD display is very flimsy and will break easily. I had to return my own last week and there was no pressure on there at all.

That's what happened to my girlfriends phone.. the screen cracekd. She claimed and they declined her... O2 are such w**kers... she will get a new one if she appeals though!

Latest

Trending

Trending