The Student Room Group

American Applicant Applying from a School Without Experience with Personal Statements

Hi,
I am an American student looking to study Economics. Because my school (a state school in New York) doesn't have any experience with applications to the U.K., I am hoping someone on this forum can help me with my Personal Statement. So far, I have a draft which needs revisions seeing that it is over the 4,000 character limit, and also because I am not sure if everything I included in my statement is relevant, a problem aggravated by the fact that my teachers don't know what is appropriate for personal statements.
If someone would be wiling to help me, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks.
Have you gone through the PS building tool (linked in my signature below)? When you have, and you are happy with it (as best as you can on your own), then you can get it reviewed by PS helpers on here (confidentially). Don't PM/email your PS to anyone on here - the PS service is organised by the Community Team (employees at TSR)
Reply 2
Original post by *Interrobang*
Have you gone through the PS building tool (linked in my signature below)? When you have, and you are happy with it (as best as you can on your own), then you can get it reviewed by PS helpers on here (confidentially). Don't PM/email your PS to anyone on here - the PS service is organised by the Community Team (employees at TSR)

I didn't use the service but i looked over the guiding questions from the PS building tool to write my personal statement. i am happy with it in the sense that it fulfils every requirement. however, it is too long, and so i am looking for a person familiar with personal statements to pointout what is less relevant or unnecessary in mine, or what i spoke too much about.
I thought the PS helper tool is only for people with more than 100 posts which, sadly, i do not have because i don't have much to say seeing that i live overseas.
Original post by Josh.Lyman
I didn't use the service but i looked over the guiding questions from the PS building tool to write my personal statement. i am happy with it in the sense that it fulfils every requirement. however, it is too long, and so i am looking for a person familiar with personal statements to pointout what is less relevant or unnecessary in mine, or what i spoke too much about.
I thought the PS helper tool is only for people with more than 100 posts which, sadly, i do not have because i don't have much to say seeing that i live overseas.

there's plenty you can get involved in on the site if you want to. And you can still post it, but priority will be given to people with over 100 posts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending