The Student Room Group

personal statements

should our personal statement be like a story? or more of relating supper curricular to a common "theme" and the course we are applying to??
Reply 1
im assuming you’re applying to uk universities, if so then no it isn’t really to do with a common theme. at least not to the extent that American college applications are a full essay about a question, this is more of a demonstration of your skills, interest and potential than anything else. i personally found unifrog very useful for what to put, and how much of it, so id definitely recommend it. in short your ps should say:
- why you want to do the course
- what you have done in the past which makes you suitable to the course
- what you have done which will contribute to university life (basically extra and supra curriculars which aren’t relevant to your course)
mine is for teaching and my structure is basically- why teaching, my a levels, my work experience, my part time job and my school enrichment
you only gave 4000 characters, so need to decide which aspects are most important
Reply 2
Original post by charves14
im assuming you’re applying to uk universities, if so then no it isn’t really to do with a common theme. at least not to the extent that American college applications are a full essay about a question, this is more of a demonstration of your skills, interest and potential than anything else. i personally found unifrog very useful for what to put, and how much of it, so id definitely recommend it. in short your ps should say:
- why you want to do the course
- what you have done in the past which makes you suitable to the course
- what you have done which will contribute to university life (basically extra and supra curriculars which aren’t relevant to your course)
mine is for teaching and my structure is basically- why teaching, my a levels, my work experience, my part time job and my school enrichment
you only gave 4000 characters, so need to decide which aspects are most important

thanks a lot!! that clears things up I appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending