The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
amazingtrade
If you can't get in anywhere else you won't be able to get into Manchester unless you have AAB for physics.

You're not an admissions tutor, you don't do physics and you don't attend Manchester uni so how would you know? :confused:

Their site states:
Grades AAB-ABC including Mathematics and Physics at minimum grade B. Two AS-levels accepted in place of one A-level but Mathematics or Physics AS-level only accepted in exceptional circumstances.
http://www.manchester.ac.uk/undergraduate/programmes/UMXF1-E1F300.htm

From the Times A-level column it says 24.0 for Manchester...can anyone translate that into a-level grades?
BossLady
You're not an admissions tutor, you don't do physics and you don't attend Manchester uni so how would you know? :confused:

Their site states:
Grades AAB-ABC including Mathematics and Physics at minimum grade B. Two AS-levels accepted in place of one A-level but Mathematics or Physics AS-level only accepted in exceptional circumstances.

From the Times A-level column it says 24.0 for Manchester...can anyone translate that into a-level grades?

24 i think is bbb, and also is the same as abc? right?
Reply 62
BossLady

Their site states:

10 points is A, 8 points B, so AAD is 24 points.

But I am sure people have been turned down with such grades. I know plenty of people at Manchester and I spend a lot of time on the campus. I was simply making a point that Manchester don't want other universities rejects.

Why do you insist in arguing with everything I say? Other people hear didn't mention Warwick too for personal reasons but you didn't have a go at them. I had you blocked for weeks and I wish I had never unblocked you.

I am blocking you again because I am not getting involved in another petty argument.
Reply 63
BossLady
hmm I've always thought Warwick was better than Manchester for law....

They're very similar, though Manchester's city location could be considered an advantage.
Reply 64
amazingtrade
10 points is A, 8 points B, so AAD is 24 points.

But I am sure people have been turned down with such grades. I know plenty of people at Manchester and I spend a lot of time on the campus. I was simply making a point that Manchester don't want other universities rejects.

Why do you insist in arguing with everything I say? Other people hear didn't mention Warwick too for personal reasons but you didn't have a go at them. I had you blocked for weeks and I wish I had never unblocked you.

I am blocking you again because I am not getting involved in another petty argument.

:rolleyes:
Oh dear AT is blocking me...shock horror! Please block me and keep me on your ignore list for good. This is a forum, people debate, people discuss and people argue. I have been harsh to many people for many different things I've disagreed with. If you can't handle someone disagreeing with you then maybe you should sit at home, turn of the computer and switch on a kids programme.

Ah and to clarify, it wasn't anything to do with whether warwick was on the top or the bottom, I think you've missed the point. I basically disagreed with your statement that all the universities mentioned were of same strength.
If you noticed, the winking smiley was there to imply the statement I made was half in jest and half serious.

PS: Get over your Manchester obsession, it's very annoying. I never minded the uni before, but you've started to make me despise it, because you constantly worship it.
Reply 65
Lord Huntroyde
They're very similar, though Manchester's city location could be considered an advantage.

I wonder if they also have very good contacts because of that very reason...
Reply 66
BossLady
I wonder if they also have very good contacts because of that very reason...

Good links with the profession can only be a good thing!
Reply 67
Pencil Queen
I found the warwick campus quite pokey (the atmosphere not the actual physical characteristics) not nottingham...I found nottingham as a place in general quite dull :smile:

Ah well, will see for my self in september I guess. I haven't actually seen much of the city yet. :eek:
Reply 68
Frances
Ah well, will see for my self in september I guess. I haven't actually seen much of the city yet. :eek:

ooh I know someone doing Politics at Nottingham!

He'll be starting his third year when you start though.
Reply 69
Lord Huntroyde
ooh I know someone doing Politics at Nottingham!

He'll be starting his third year when you start though.

Ooh, does he like it?
Reply 70
Frances
Ooh, does he like it?

Come to think of it, I haven't spoken to him for nearly a year :eek:

But he loves the course yes
Reply 71
Lord Huntroyde
Come to think of it, I haven't spoken to him for nearly a year :eek:

But he loves the course yes

Well that's always good to know. I just have to hope I actually get the grades now!
Reply 72
Gutted I missed the oppourtunity to take a shot a Warwick...again.... :rolleyes:
Reply 73
Leekey
Gutted I missed the oppourtunity to take a shot a Warwick...again.... :rolleyes:

Reply 74
TheWolf

No, I did genuinely want to present a well thought out case as to why Coventry should be rebuilt from the ground up. I would never give out a tirade of abuse to a uni that didn't deserve it!!! :biggrin:
Reply 75
amazingtrade

Splendid. What an excellent way of dealing with a disagreement. Run along now, there's a good boy.
Reply 76
I think it's a great way of dodging a petty argument, why waste time on it and who the hell wants to read it?
Reply 77
ecksor
I think it's a great way of dodging a petty argument, why waste time on it and who the hell wants to read it?

I assume I'm on your ignore list then, as we disagree this point. :wink:
1. birmingham (cos they gave me an unconditional offer and i'm going!!)
2. warwick (cos they didn't give me an unconditional offer but i like the campus)
3. sheffield
3. leicester (joint cos i like them both)

haven't been to
exeter
manchester

wouldn't go to
nottingham (cos i didn't like it when i looked round)
Nobody like Cambridge?

There are ducks on the river and my college (Girton) has an indoor heated pool in the living accomodation :smile:

I liked Southampton (lived here most of my life) until they rejected me without interview and then had the cheek to award me a prize for having the best A-level results for a mature (sic) student in Southampton area :mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending