The Student Room Group

Oxbridge

Hi, things did not go my way unfortunately in year 11. I did a total of 9 GCSE’s of which i passed 5.

Passed:
Biology: 4
Maths: 5
History: 5
English Literature: 5
English Language: 6

Failed:
Business: 2
Chemistry: 3
Physics: 3
Geography: 3

Luckily, Connell co-op college were very kind and gave me a place. I am currently studying Law, Business and Statistics A-levels.

Would i still be able to make a successful application to Oxford/Cambridge?
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by Abdullah924
Hi, things did not go my way unfortunately in year 11. I did a total of 9 GCSE’s of which i passed 5.

Passed:

Failed:

Luckily, Connell co-op college were very kind and gave me a place. I am currently studying Law, Business and Statistics A-levels.

It doesn't seem very likely, but if you have valid reasons for those GCSE grades, you get A*s at A level and apply for the right course (your A levels narrow your options), it's only one choice out of 5.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
It doesn't seem very likely, but if you have valid reasons for those GCSE grades, you get A*s at A level and apply for the right course (your A levels narrow your options), it's only one choice out of 5.

Hi, thank you for replying. In fact, i was homeschooled in years 10/11 and that affected me mentally as I did not have any friendsand was a victim of severe bullying of what my school did not care about, which led to my parents removing me from that school.As i was in year 10, schools did not accept me as it’s too late and the exam boards would be different, which makes no sense. Sowe looked at homeschooling, which was not for me. We had a severe discontinuity of teachers and were not able to finish thespecification and prepare for the exams. I had other universities in mind such as;

Kings College London
University of Manchester
London School of Economics
University College London
Queens Mary London
University of Exeter
University of Edinburgh
University of Glasgow

Any idea if i would be successful? (Considering i have load of work experience, meet the entry requirements etc)

Passed:

Failed:

No especially with those A-Levels
Hi, thank you for replying. In fact, i was homeschooled in years 10/11 and that affected me mentally as I did not have any friendsand was a victim of severe bullying of what my school did not care about, which led to my parents removing me from that school.As i was in year 10, schools did not accept me as it’s too late and the exam boards would be different, which makes no sense. Sowe looked at homeschooling, which was not for me. We had a severe discontinuity of teachers and were not able to finish thespecification and prepare for the exams. I had other universities in mind such as;

Kings College London
University of Manchester
London School of Economics
University College London
Queens Mary London
University of Exeter
University of Edinburgh
University of Glasgow

Any idea if i would be successful? (Considering i have load of work experience, meet the entry requirements etc)

no way of knowing. It depends how it's written up, what grades you get, what course you are applying for etc. Those aren't a strong set of A levels, but who knows what the competition is going to be like when you make your application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending