The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eemooz
oooo same about kings undergrad,
i just got a warwick invite too! maybe ill see you there :smile:
good luck!!

Best for luck to you too!
Hi Guys,

Is anyone from here accepted an offer for a 5 year course? I unfortunately got post interview rejections from my GEM choices but have an offer for an undergrad once. So confused about what to do.. The financial situation is a big issue for me, I don't know whether to reapply again next year, defer or accept this offer.. Any thoughts??
With the 5 year degree, do you have to have certain A Levels or can you apply with the degree that you get like you would for the accelerated course?
Original post by rnv
With the 5 year degree, do you have to have certain A Levels or can you apply with the degree that you get like you would for the accelerated course?

It varies between individual universities. Some still want AAA, others are much less stringent. Its a case of going to their websites and checking.
Hi there, have any graduates got any offers for 5 year courses? I got accepted to kings after being rejected from their A102 GEM course.
Also worried about funding but sorting things out Atm, I am applying for a maintenance loan but apparently they need you to have lived in the UK for the past 5 years and I was in sixth form abroad in 2013 :s-smilie: Any advice?
Reply 65
Original post by Pantego
Hi there, have any graduates got any offers for 5 year courses? I got accepted to kings after being rejected from their A102 GEM course.
Also worried about funding but sorting things out Atm, I am applying for a maintenance loan but apparently they need you to have lived in the UK for the past 5 years and I was in sixth form abroad in 2013 :s-smilie: Any advice?

Nope. I've had 3 pre interview rejections and waiting to hear from King's. But at this point I'm already preparing to re apply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by GEMdreams
Hi Guys,

Is anyone from here accepted an offer for a 5 year course? I unfortunately got post interview rejections from my GEM choices but have an offer for an undergrad once. So confused about what to do.. The financial situation is a big issue for me, I don't know whether to reapply again next year, defer or accept this offer.. Any thoughts??

Hey, I have accepted a 5 year offer. I also got rejected post interview from my other three GEM places. I have funds to get me through one year of the course and my parents are saying they will try and figure something out for the rest, but I know it's going to be difficult.

I initially wanted to apply again next year and try to get onto a 4 year course purely due to funding. But then I felt like there was no guarantee that I would be able to get a good UKCAT again next time and I could end up wasting an offer and another year (I've already taken two gap years). To get an offer for med is hard enough as it is so I concluded that I would regret it if I declined it.

So ultimately, it's down to you to explore every route, what you'd do if you accepted, deferred or reapplied. If finances are an issue, would deferring help you get some money together? Do you have family who could help you out? I hope you figure something out! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending