The Student Room Group

Edexcel Business Studies CA Help ?

Hi guys , just started year 11 and also started my Business Studies CA , about small businesses. the thing is for other CA's (other subjects) I have a found an exemplar for that specific controlled assessment , however for the business one , my teacher has been very vague about the structure , e.g How to achieve an A or even what are the expectations. She just told us to choose a small business and a question from a choice of 5 and "answer it" for that business. Does anyone have an A/A* exemplar , that I can use to get my head around this ? Or even a guide.

thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by ineedthosegrades
Hi guys , just started year 11 and also started my Business Studies CA , about small businesses. the thing is for other CA's (other subjects) I have a found an exemplar for that specific controlled assessment , however for the business one , my teacher has been very vague about the structure , e.g How to achieve an A or even what are the expectations. She just told us to choose a small business and a question from a choice of 5 and "answer it" for that business. Does anyone have an A/A* exemplar , that I can use to get my head around this ? Or even a guide.

thanks.

Do you have the mark scheme per chance?

And do you know the style you are required to answer in? Report/Essay?

What are the questions?

Im a bussiness student at uni. Essentially youll have a case study and youll have to pick out the information relevant to your question.

You'll get points for picking out the correct info, using subject specfic terms such as 'opportunity cost' and the like. When I did A level they were really hot on definition the terms as well. Once you have the facts you analyse, conclude then make recomendations for the business.

If you just get an example and copy you won't do your best as a lot of the points scored depends on the intelligence you glean from your case study.

Get the mark scheme and assess properly.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ineedthosegrades

thanks.

1. understand the question you choose - my advice is pick the customer satisfaction one or the adding value one
2. collect research which shows how the business does each method (or businesses if you do the adding value one as you also need research on a competitor)
3. collect research which shows how important each method is if you're doing customer satisfaction OR if the business is better than the competitor if you're doing added value.
4. your research should contain: interview with owner, customer survey results incl. charts and some secondary research like reviews
5. now you just need to write it all up ....its not that hard. Go through each key feature/method/issue and explain one side of the argument e.g. why it is important in satisfying customers and then the other side of the argument. This is where you use research to back up your points. *Then you just write a conclusion based on all your points.
6. That should help you get a strong B grade.*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending